The Weld, Hammell Drive Mixed-Use, Lake Wheeler Road

31 Likes

Because of the higher elevation these towers look taller than the Maeve by a lot. Even though all towers are only 20 stories. The Maeve should have been 30 stories.

22 Likes

Peaking over the trees from Boylan St Bridge…

19 Likes

25 Likes

The Weld pops up everywhere it seems.
This is from the west side of Platform.

30 Likes

Looks like they are working on the top floor for the one tower :eggplant::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Show me your backside Weld!

22 Likes

Is this the most dramatic project in greater downtown in decades?

7 Likes

I mean, when this whole thing (including next 2 phases) and Kane’s entire Park City project are complete… this will essentially be an entirely new section of downtown that didn’t even exist merely a few years prior. With that said, I’d agree!

18 Likes

I’m not sure what purpose that brick building currently serves but it should definitely be preserved and maybe repurposed (Artists in residence/office/retail).

1 Like

As far as I know it is on the “save” list - future use will be determined in time unless someone knows

4 Likes

It is going so well, why not just add another 10??? :partying_face:

A little :bird: told me it’s going to be a gravel parking lot someday.

2 Likes

I need to craft another fake Highwoods news article for this one, right?

1 Like

29 Likes

Different angles from the walk this morning

31 Likes

Even on the hottest of days, these guys deliver :+1:t2::eggplant::eggplant::drooling_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

22 Likes

These have such great views of DTR.

11 Likes

TBJ is reporting the first of these buildings has topped out. Can’t wait to see the crane for building 3 go up. https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2024/07/10/weld-development-raleigh-real-estate-apartments.html

12 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.31.11 PM

21 Likes