Vault Craft Beer - 520 South St

A rare chance to save a small part of Raleigh’s past…I completely agree! :+1:

5 Likes

Future meetup spot!!

3 Likes

As someone who lives fairly close to this property I am so excited for this to get moving. Fingers crossed for the additional outside seating so we can bring our dog!

5 Likes

Looks like this rezoning request has officially been submitted to the city. The neighborhood meeting had to precede the submission. Raleigh Wire says under review until 8/4/21.

4 Likes

Your neighborhood should have a watering hole! It will also be a bikeable destination for me, so I’m excited for it

3 Likes

Good news for VCB is that the NX text change went through expanding the outdoor seating with their existing zoning, but their rezoning request is also through the Planning Commission with a 4-1 approval and in front of City Council on the Nov 5th meeting (as I understand it). Regardless of that vote, they’re shooting for an end of Nov opening.
:pray:t3:
:beers:

13 Likes

They’ve even got some windows (and signage) in place!

2 Likes

Signage is temp. Greg just put that out yesterday to get some exposure with the Stroll happening in front of his place. They did pull the pressboard down off those windows to get some light in though. Not sure if they’ll keep it opened up or close it back up while they’re finishing up the inside. It’s looking great though! He’s doing his best to keep as much of the original interior design while obviously outfitting it as a bar.

4 Likes

Ironically they posted a pic of the new signs yesterday on Insta.
Go like and follow!

5 Likes

This rezoning request was approved unanimously during yesterday’s evening session.
:clap:t3:

11 Likes

This should be open by end of year.

5 Likes

Coming along!

27 Likes

Wow that looks so much better!!

3 Likes

Night and day, in comparison

1 Like

Very glad this is finally happening!!

1 Like

FYI, Greg has been having some delays with electrical inspections passing (stupid things, surprise) so his opening has been pushed out. He’s fairly confident at this point he’ll be open before end of Feb. Keep an eye out for their Instagram for opening dates!

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: South Street area Condos and Townhomes

I have it on good authority that Vault Craft Beer has passed their health inspection and are looking to identify an official opening date. Stay tuned!

18 Likes

Good news!! Been waiting… :alarm_clock:

5 Likes

Don’t you mean “Beer” waiting?
:beers: :wink:

3 Likes