Zoning and Density

I 100% agree with this. The same property is never going to go up slowly over 4 decades. It’s not going to go from 2 stories to 3 stories to 4 stories. It’s going to go from 2 stories to 10 or 20 stories quickly.

That’s why I’m incredibly bullish about the short-term prospects of Raleigh when it comes to development. A lot of us here have talked about how slow things take to get going in Raleigh. Most of that appears to have been stalled due to interest rates ballooning (per what @JonathanMelton said a few months ago)

I’m seeing it here, and I’m seeing it on Reddit. I think a lot of people are taking an interest in local politics and understanding the real problems that not developing has been causing. Just take a look at the comments in this thread that was posted a couple of weeks ago, specifically about David Cox:

https://www.reddit.com/r/raleigh/comments/1c7xsl6/oh_no_weve_been_outed/

I think we’re right at that tipping point here where the rubberband is about to snap. And I think what you wrote is incredibly important to let people know. Change isn’t something that takes decades. It happens pretty quickly.

3 Likes