121 Fayetteville

I disagree. Looks like office floors. We talking bout the same building? (Corner of Fayetteville & Martin)

5 Likes

Yes. I’m talking about the same building. I’d always prefer parking being underground and all floors activated people space. It’s certainly better looking from the exterior than an obvious garage; I’ll give you that.

From this angle, where does the parking stop and the office space begin?
I agree most pedestal parking is hideous, but in this case you can’t distinguish either and gives this specifc building its height. Some developers care, some don’t, the city should enforce this downtown.

13 Likes

SO…when will construction start on 121 Fayetteville. ? looks pretty promising and will add in to downtown really well.

1 Like

February 22, 2020. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wait? They really state that somewhere?

No I’m sorry, I was just being silly cuz I don’t think anyone knows yet.

1 Like

Should have said January 2021.

should have said Feb. 30th. I think that makes a strong point.

7 Likes

Today’s TBJ has a article on 121 Fayetteville St. proposed tower .

4 Likes

Does not seem to have any information that has not already been released. Guess they just needed something to write about.

2 Likes

I have been told that the TBJ has a deeper insight with city paperwork than the general public .

1 Like

But we have @nipper.dwight. We aren’t the general public. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

This is a great project in an excellent location. I’ve wanted that deck gone for a long time and replaced with something better. It’ll have great views of the capitol and that outdoor deck will be a prime spot. Plus, Kane gets it done.

3 Likes

Anything 30 stories like this will make a big impact to the skyline. Do we know building height yet?

1 Like

We don’t but it looks to be similar to Wells Fargo. So, it’s going to be around 400’ if it stays at this rendering height.

4 Likes

The fact that they state “30 plus” stories implies some flexibility depending on the initial market response but also tells you this rendering is for marketing at this point

3 Likes

The architect Duda Paine just “announced” this project via twitter two hours ago. I feel like this project has more teeth than others that don’t seem realistic(Edison, 400H).
" We are excited to announce One Two One Fayetteville, one of the biggest new developments in Downtown Raleigh which will bring a new age of office design to the Raleigh skyline."

8 Likes

Alright good enough. Let’s move all this to its own thread.

6 Likes

Not to get my hopes up, but I wouldn’t compare this to Wells Fargo or BB&T, but to PNC. The reason being? PNC is only 32 stories, and that’s with residential stories on top and a 100ft spire. BB&T and WF are both 30 stories and 400ft. Most buildings now would do a 12ft ceiling for office, if not more…which would come out to 360 ft, but that’s not taking into consideration the height of the lobby or the amenity floor, or the typical height of the parking deck. We could see something between 400-500ft.

If…IF…this is a legit proposal that has some teeth to it, I would really like to see 10 stories added on top since there would be no need for rezoning since Fayetteville St is 40 stories. I want this to finally push to 600’. That is what height Raleigh needs, and all we need is one building that tall, and all the other proposals that are 200-300’ are perfect fillers.

6 Likes