227 W Davie St, Benchmark Auto Works (case Z-89-2021, DX-20 > DX-40-SU-CH)

This just hit the wire but there was a neighborhood meeting in October (with 3 attendees).

Applicant Name: NCR HOSPITALITY CORPORATION, BENCHMARK AUTO WORKS (for what it’s worth)

Not sure what next steps are but I’ll email Morningstar and inquire.

18 Likes

Took my mom to Crank Arm this week and was wondering aloud how long this building would be here. I guess not much longer!

3 Likes

There sure are a lot of “intends” in the answers to the dozens of questions in the rezoning request. I don’t trust “intends” at all.

4 Likes

The next neighborhood meeting has been set for this case on March 23, 2022, 7-8p.

Virtual meeting registration: Webinar Registration - Zoom
Phone: 312-626-6799
ID: 827 6431 5788
Pass: 135719

5 Likes

Hah, how’d I miss this! All those Davie rezonings blending together for me.

Yeah, this project needs a name like “Nexus” or something memorable. I always have to look up the address. I guess “Benchmark” will do for now.

5 Likes

This project will be reviewed by the Planning Commission on the 24th of May.

Does not appear to be any neighborhood concerns as basically there isn’t any one living nearby atm. So this hopefully should be an easy approval recommendation and rezoning.

6 Likes

As someone that just discovered Benchmark this makes me a bit sad. On the other hand, with all this improved transit being placed maybe we wont need cars anymore!

5 Likes

I guess the guy in PNC gave up?

I believe they are supposed to have space in the new building?

2 Likes

When does construction starts

No time soon. No actual plans

Planning Commission recommends approval.
Public Hearing July 5.

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-raleigh-wire-service/748/1889?u=oakcitydylan

4 Likes