301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

When I saw that post my first thought is that is quite a parking deck. Very solid compared to standalone parking decks that won’t be supporting a building above.

5 Likes

Agreed. If we could get 20-story or so buildings on top of all of our stand-alone decks downtown, we’d have a very different skyline!
:slight_smile: :building_construction:

4 Likes

That area is going to feel pretty city-like once the current projects are finished: Two Glenwood, Willard, and 301 Hills. There will definitely be some density in that warehouse / glenwood transition zone.

13 Likes

That’s been a dream of mine for 2 decades!

8 Likes

I think the ultimate project to tie the warehouse district to Glenwood S is 400 Hillsborough.

18 Likes

Hopefully it happens. I don’t think we’ve heard anything about this in >3 months?

1 Like

Best I can tell, only grading, utility and driveway permits have been applied for. No actual building permits. The website says the permits applied for are ready for issuance.

2 Likes

This morning

26 Likes

Early morning Friday aerials.

36 Likes

So cool. Great shots.

4 Likes

I think this is by far my favorite project to watch go up! Great pictures!

4 Likes

It’s going to be a big visual connection between Glenwood and Fayetteville area. A beacon of transition…

7 Likes

That first shot, looking East- I’m imagining a skinny, triangular shaped building on the Marbles/IMAX parking lot right in front of the Federal building there. I know they’re only seeking rezoning with no current plants to redevelop, but I imagine someday it will be built out, and would definitely do a lot to extend the skyline East, which never truly seems to happen.

6 Likes

New pic.

25 Likes

The fact that this will be more than double the height of what’s currently built… esp with the office floors being a taller floor-to-ceiling height… I think I’ve underestimated how BIG this thing will be.

15 Likes

Yep! Btw, I’ve circled the concrete pump for 301 as seen 2 days ago from Dix.

20 Likes

This morning

22 Likes

What do we think… is this considered 8 stories, or just 7 stories at this point? The bottom floor is 2 stories on the South-East corner, but one taller atrium floor on the North-East corner…

3 Likes

I was told there would be no math on this blog. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

13 Likes

That was fake news. :wink:

2 Likes