301 W. Cabarrus St. development

How are air rights related to this development? This building will be torn down when development happens.

1 Like

Stumbled across an update to this project. As of September there was a site review app that apparently only outlined renovating the existing buildings and no new construction.

• ASR-0062-2019 (can’t seem to find this actual case on raleigh.gov)
1 Like

That’s great news for you and your view!

1 Like

If it’s accurate. The site I got it from doesn’t seem to be super confident but seems it’s info nonetheless. You know I’ll be keeping an eye out!

1 Like

Was it this one?

1 Like

Probably. So old news!

Heard they were putting a parking lot in the grassy area behind the building. Don’t think any development any time soon.

4 Likes

An ASR showed up for this in the wire today.
Administrative Site Review

Looks like they want to renovate the existing building, not looking to build to DX-12 as permitted.

Higher detailed images in the PDF linked above.

6 Likes

I don’t hate that they are rehabilitating that existing building. I don’t want to see Raleigh wipe all of its character as we grow. My guess is that this building will become some cool hang out spots for you when you move.
After several years, it will likely be reevaluated for its future potential as a taller building.

5 Likes

And the renovation of the Deep South building across the street appears to be coming right along. The main entrance will now be the corner of the building facing Red Hat. It’s looking nice, but not sure what it is.

1 Like

Drilling in the Dogwood Country Club parking lot…

5 Likes

Drilling? Hmmmm, that doesn’t seem like something that would be needed just to simply renovate the existing building, as you last posted was the updated plan. Think this might be back to the drawing board for a possible high-rise redevelopment??

1 Like

Could be a Phase II as part of the due diligence process. Been there done that. Also as someone who has spent a lot of time behind a drill rig. When the mast is up (or going up), everyone needs to be wearing a hard hat. Ugh

Renovation rendering from their website:

8 Likes

Not bad, but hoping they build up instead - this isn’t exactly one of the keystones of the Warehouse District’s character.

4 Likes

They’re drilling in the parking lot south of the building today.

6 Likes

Another bland box, great :+1:t4:

That’s basically just a paint job and new landscaping. The bland box already exists. Hopefully the drilling means they’re aiming higher.

4 Likes

This may be the one project I hope ends up being reno vs verticle for selfish reasons. That said, I’m :100: not going to be that guy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: because my downtown view is more downtown with the taller building. :rofl:

6 Likes

Upcoming project for this site?

(Zoned DX-12-UG)

12 Likes