40 Story Building Rezoning

Amen!! Trying to keep my opinion to myself but this is politics at its best. But glad it’s moving forward.

3 Likes

I believe you are referring to MAB! :smirk: Can’t wait to vote for her.

3 Likes

Is “MAB” pro development?

Very much pro density/pro development of downtown areas. 10ish years of experience on the council. She’s my #1 pick far and away.

10 Likes

She works for a construction company, so . . . yes. :smirk:

2 Likes

Think she will win?

20 characters

Vote early and often!

Don’t say often. While a joke, there are people out there that just ache to invalidate our democratic system as fraught with fraud.

3 Likes

Capture

It is super inefficient to put affordable units in a building that will likely have the highest residential construction costs per square foot ever seen in the city.

But it is true that $1 million isn’t a lot. It would probably pay to build somewhere between three and six affordable units depending on location, size, and construction type.

3 Likes

And why is it John Kane’s responsibility to make below market rate housing in a private development? Especially when other developers aren’t forced to.

11 Likes

Where does it say Kane wants low income far away from “this location and the public investment”?

3 Likes

That guy has almost a dozen pictures of his dog taking a piss on buildings and monuments downtown.
Just saying…

1 Like

AMEN @GucciLittlePig. Let’s just hope Kane keeps building in Raleigh and doesn’t run out of patience with this crap. You will never please these people. Kane is probably very wealthy. He took the risks with North Hills. Had to go door to door knocking to get neighborhood buy in (and he increased their property values A LOT!). He is a smart man, gets things done, and takes risks. What other developer has “donated” $1m to affordable housing? Will others have to do this now to get 40 story approval? If not, who will cry foul? Ok, stepping away from the phone now.

5 Likes

lot’s of towns have brain dead city leaders. Here is a restriction on a new hotel in Blowing Rock. A 40 room 3 story hotel.

“no delivery trucks with more than two axles can be on Morningside Drive for deliveries to the lodge”

“I think the thing is too high up in the air and too massive”

This in a town that lives and dies by tourist trade.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how these fools think that blocking development is somehow a solution.

4 Likes

Glad to see this moving forward

Is Barry eriksteen even important?

No, but I let him get me all stirred up anyway. Thanks for the reminder.

Barry Eriksen can certainly spin this in any way he sees fit to make himself feel better. Also, have you seen Hudson Yards? Also, are you even paying attention that Kane’s tower won’t (by the law) be the tallest building in downtown Raleigh?

I do enjoy a good metaphor but this doesn’t work at all. We need a good ostrich-themed guerilla campaign in Raleigh I think.

7 Likes