Big Box Retail in DTR

Maybe a super Walmart haha

2 Likes

3 Likes

Whole Foods are around 36k sqft. Something like that seems about right.

2 Likes

Mark, no thank you brother. 26.2 is enough for me. However I do admire that kind of badass endurance. I am sure it is very tough and that mountain has got to be a back breaker, good for you man!

1 Like

I like this wholesome resolution. Yā€™all keep running. Maybe a DTR Community Run Club should be in the works!

2 Likes

Barnes and Noble, maybe. Even though I think that they are going down the tubes.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be so down for that.

1 Like

But, seeing a Home Depot on 3rd Ave next to Bloomingdales blew my mind about urban core big box retailing.

6 Likes

What fits comfortably in 26k feet?

Zara or H&M. I could totally see a fast-fashion type retailer taking a spot like this to compete with Urban Outfitters. These kinds of brands favor trendy urban markets over shopping malls (although obviously, theyā€™re located in both). And tbh, Iā€™m not mad at them. You see them scattered throughout most big cities in Europe, and I like seeing them in urban areas. Also, Iā€™m shocked NC doesnā€™t have a Zara yet.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a MUJI or Uniqlo, but I know damn well that will never happen in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Mast General Store

https://www.mastgeneralstore.com/

11 Likes

@Kanatenah OMG!! This has to happen.

I would be at MUJI every day. Please bring one to Raleigh!

1 Like

That would be perfect!

Whole Foods with La Farm? Target with Starbucks? Harris Teeter with Starbucks?

3 Likes

Thereā€™s zero chance of a whole foods downtown. The one on Wade Ave is already worried about Wegmans, Publix, and Weaver St Market cutting into their customer base.

4 Likes

So when Charles Meeker was Mayor, he said any resident could talk to him about anything they wanted if they could just keep up with him on his morning jogs so there is some sort of DTR talk about things and run precedent. @softfurrykitty we do have mutual stake in the fact that there are no accessible tracks now that Martin Middle is locked up (did you ever work out there?) Leoā€™s idea of a big box store with a track inside would be badass. Or at least a Raleigh park with one other than that tiny thing at Chavis. Also, @softfurrykitty good on you for staying in shapeā€¦its hard to carve out time for that sort of thing this day and ageā€¦20-22 mile training runs are a big chunk of a day. Obviously I hate the time spent in cars taking away for other things I want to do. Anyway cheers.

1 Like

Or, join me at the YMCA on Hillsborough Street with there inside-track, its awesome! Although I do enjoy trails especially in an urban area or environment. :blush::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wonder if the new Ikea urban model would fit with the Kimbrellā€™s space? I for one would love that!

13 Likes