Blue Ridge Corridor

I work in Wade Park and typically leave the office around 6:00p. My bus (the 26) usually arrives around 6:10p. Didn’t get there until 6:25p because of all the traffic. Absolute mess.

1 Like

Speaking of mess around Blue Ridge, it took me 20 minutes to get through the line at Chick-fil-A on Lake Boone today. Double mess.

Wow, I went today too and the line was out to lake Boone but only took 10 minutes. You must have hit it really bad as they broke the record for 500 cars in one hour a few months ago.

I work across the street from the Chick-fil-a and it is a mad house every day. The parking lot in that center needs to be redone just to accommodate the restaurant. But like Will said, they are very efficient in keeping the line moving.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a poorly flowing parking lot. They’ve made the drive-thru line longer cutting through the Food Lion parking, and indeed things go quicker once you make it to the line. But at one point there were cars lining up from 4 different directions just trying to get to the line. Until they open up the dining room, it’s probably going to remain like this during weekday lunches.

Or they could stop making their sandwiches with crack.

As much as I don’t care for chic-fil-a as a company, every now and then I just gotta have one of those chicken sandwiches. It’s like the crack dealer on the street corner.

Just think of all the CO2 and other pollution :face_vomiting: from all those idling cars.

3 Likes

So I’m going to the Canes match tonight, and it sounds like the traffic gets pretty bad over by PNC arena during? What’s the best way to get there from downtown? Car or bus? Park elsewhere nearby and walk?

@oakcitydylan @GucciLittlePig @colbyjd3 since you guys were just talking about this

Go down MLK, which then turns into Western, turn Right on Blue Ridge. Then depending on where your seats are turn left on either Trinity or Westchase Blvd.

Take Dylan’s drone to my house and walk over

2 Likes

Season ticket holder here and live downtown. I go down 40 and enter the Edward Mills side.

Take the outside lane when entering towards the stadium grounds.

Try and park in the 1st lot if you can. This lot is also easy to find your car if you forget where ya park. Just look for Carter Finley and it’s the first lot to the right.

If you want to get out fast. Park in the back of the lot, farthest from the stadium. Longer walk, but will save ya 15-20 minutes getting out. Park on the side where you entered the lot, that’s where they let out traffic too.

You’ll get let out on Edward’s Mill again. Usually out of the premises and on i40 within 4-5 minutes.

3 Likes

The bus is gonna take a while coming from downtown, but you could either take Routes 4 or 6 to connect to Route 26. I have the advantage of living along Route 26, so it’s a lot more convenient for me. There used to also be the Caniac Coach, but based on the current state of their social media platforms, I’m guessing that is no more.

Alternatively, you could do what a lot of folks do and come out to Wade Park early for street parking. Bru’s (formerly Honest Abe’s, but much improved IMHO) is usually popping off when I leave the office on gameday, then everyone just walks through the tunnel under Edwards Mill to get to PNC. If you have the spare time to grab a drink, that’d be my recommendation.

5 Likes

I was going to say chopper.

2 Likes

This is what we usually do. Go early enough for a pregame bev/snack.

3 Likes

Yep, grabbing a drink in Wade Park beforehand is the closest we’re gonna get an urban feel for a sporting event until Downtown South.

3 Likes

I work in Wade Park. When we moved they gave us parking stickers so they can keep the hockey/football fans from parking in our deck. I was thinking… if are willing to walk from Wade Park to the stadium, go for it. haha

I have been strategically working from home/leaving early on hockey nights. Not quite brave enough to stay till 5 those nights.

3 Likes

Looks like the NCMA is about to be closed in part or in whole (except for the sculpture park) through October as they rehang their entire collection: Reinstallation Opens October 2022 - North Carolina Museum of Art

7 Likes

The way I read it is that:

• The park will stay open the whole time.
  • The east building exhibition level, studio and performance space, and Cafe will stay open the whole time.
  • The east building collection will be off display from Jan to October.
  • The West building will be off display from June to October.
  • When everything reopens in Oct there will be new displays/themes/organization.
3 Likes

Yeah I think I’m reading it that way too as my wife is excited to see the Vincent Van Gogh exhibit this year at the NCMA and I was fairly sure that was still going to happen this year too.

The Vincent Van Gogh exhibit website says their exhibit at the NCMA should start in March 2022.

9 Likes

I don’t see anything on any of their sites that says where it will be located - are you sure it’s at the NCMA?