Building Heights in Raleigh

I don’t know. I think CC still has final say in this.

2 Likes

Nexus could now go the full 20 stories if it wanted to as well.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see if projects in flight will take advantage of this new rule, or whether it will be too burdensome to their process to do so.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain if the building has been designed and past ASR, they aren’t going to go through a redesign and the approval process. Maybe they put a different crown on the top, but not redesign the building.

I could see SmoHo 3 being the tallest building in Raleigh though. I doubt they’ve locked in a design. :+1:

2 Likes

Well, RUSBUS, 121F and SM3 haven’t been through the city design process yet so those should have it easy. Probably not worth it for the rest of the projects in motion.

3 Likes

The change to the UDO for 40 floors and above can result in Raleigh’s first towers over 600 feet. I’m not certain that the projects that have won a height variance from the city will further “benefit” from the removal of the height limit or not.

3 Likes

Bullshit Alert!!!:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

3 Likes

clearly that strategy didn’t work.

1 Like

20 days and counting

https://www.campaignmoney.com/political/527/common-sense-matters.asp

Feet Height for 7 to 40 story projects are on the agenda for council meeting Tuesday Nov. 19th .
Unlimited Feet Height !

12 Likes

Wish they would’ve deferred to the new countil in December… current group still makes me nervous, I hope they don’t vote it down out of protest.

4 Likes

Common Sense Matters has had quite a few contributions from Dean Debnam over the years.

Dean Debnam has had some interesting interactions with City Council in the past
particularly over the height restrictions on the historic properties on Fayetteville St.

Politics are (is?) weird.

I agree but the biggest anti growth members already approved it on the GNR committee. Worst case the new council could revisit it

2 Likes

Me Too Jake ! JMO , I think that it will pass .

Hearing that the city council approved the Fayetteville street zoning request for up to 40 stories. can anyone confirm? this is huge

1 Like

Yes,not was approved. This is the 200 block request.

Come again? Yes, was approved…? :blush:

1 Like

It was indeed approved. Here’s the thread for the rezoning.

1 Like

Haha. IT was approved. :laughing:

4 Likes