Business Expansion in the Triangle

I thought Advance was just going to outfit their current East Raleigh location?

The obvious big takeaway there is RTP…
It’s hard to think of companies that truly look for a downtown location. And as far a Raleigh is concerned, so far anyway, it’s tech firms…but it would be nice to expand on that an of course in a big way…

1 Like

What’s up with First Citizens & their lack of support of DTR, A small presence DTR, but all of their HQ, Operations are NH, or S Raleigh. BBT-Suntrust are merging & moving to DTCharlotte. Homegrown First Citizens ‘burbs.

1 Like

Reading the article on TBJ, seems that the 40 to 50 is just for first year and expect to grow quickly from there.

2 Likes

…don’t get me started on FCB…:zipper_mouth_face:
When I have more time, I will give you a very large piece of my mind or about 10 million 10 thousand and 10 cents…lol :money_mouth_face:
Sorry, another crazy day! :woozy_face:

3 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lost Raleigh (Looking to the Past)

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/12/19/road-project-budget-doubled-supporting-nc-publix.html

is there a forum for road construction? I was by the Amazon distribution center the other day, it’s on a junky one lane road. How on earth is it going to survive all that traffic?

1 Like

I believe all that Jones Sausage Road/I-40 area is in Garner.

2 Likes

BBT-Suntrust has been renamed Truist & will take 561,000 sq ft in the Hearst Tower in DTCharlotte. FCB should invest in its hometown downtown. What other bank has it’s HQ in the ‘burbs?

6 Likes

The road passing by the Amazon plant in Garner is being widened to accommodate the increased traffic, but I’m not sure of the extent of the work.

While building the skyline is certainly not the most important reason for relocating FCB’s headquarters, it would help them build a stronger identity in the area if they have their name prominently displayed on a large building where people can see it.

3 Likes

what an awful name. But great point about FCB.

3 Likes

I agree Truist is a really bad name. I may have to move my accounts lol.

WTF is Truist? Who came up with that.

I may need to change from BB&T as well.

I wonder what the new logo will look like… How long till it replaces the BB&T on Two Hanover?

logo will be a great big T, with a new headquarters being build in shape of a T after they decide to more to Raleigh, only problem is they will want it to be 41 stories tall so will have to drop plans to move :grin:

I will be moving from Truist…just because its a stupid name. Within 5 years it will probably be called JP Morgan Chase anyway.

3 Likes

Funny part is they probably paid a branding agency MILLIONS of dollars to come up with it

…of “your” money, not mine…lol
I “bank” with the NC State Employees Credit Union…The best and 2nd largest credit union in the US! :grinning:

3 Likes

NC employees credit union is legit

3 Likes

FCB has long held firm to their idea of how their bank should look, and that has not included downtown. I don’t foresee them moving back anytime soon, especially since NH has exploded like a mini-downtown. I am sure they are perfectly comfortable where they are in relation to some of their customer base.

Which is a shame. They should be more involved, but it’s not like they’ve been excluded. It is on FCB to make that decision, and the Holding family has never been a fan of downtown.

1 Like