Business Expansion in the Triangle

The race for talent will likely help Epic make future decisions on where to locate in the area. If they are able to recruit and retain where they are, they’ll stay put. If they can’t, they’ll look at other options.

2 Likes

While it would be a great, as a 12 year old that only stopped playing like a month a go, fortnite is the only thing that put epic in the map and as of right now it is the laughingstock of video games. I would wait until this winds down until we do anyrhing

Lol it is not the only think that put epic on the map they have a long history of successes. Also since fortnite they have access to unlimited capital to create better future projects.

2 Likes

Speaking of…

When Cliff Bleszinski worked at Epic, he was downtown ALL the time. His Lamborghini was very noticeable. He came to fame through the Gears of War game series. (at least fame through my lens)

I don’t follow him on Twitter but with 620k followers, I’m hoping he reps Raleigh positively.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb

3 Likes

He had two of them, one was a convertible and he lived in my building.

3 Likes

Haha, sorry, I may have misunderstood the initial post. I thought we were talking about “skyline changing (i.e. 40 stories), towers”. Obviously, software companies can fill up some DT office space, but Pendo and Red Hat are/will be both in smaller high rises in DT, neither one is a big signature skyscraper like Salesforce, which is by far the tallest building in San Francisco.

Obviously, I fully support local companies moving to DTR.

2 Likes

ever heard of Gears of War?

1 Like

Oh (stupid extra characters)

just use :heavy_check_mark:

emoji name counts as characters, so the above :heavy_check_mark: counts as 18 characters all on it’s own.

:heavy_check_mark:Good to know!

The whole point of the extra characters is to not clog up the thread with a bunch of people agreeing, emojis, etc. Just click the emoji on the post or heart it. It’s not that difficult

9 Likes

I worked on the design for Epic’s future offices. They seem pretty committed to Cary.

1 Like

Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Engine; Infinity Blade… Epic has definitely been on the map for a long time, with a string of successes on multiple platforms spanning over 20 years now…

8 Likes

link to another post about company moving HQ into downtown.

3 Likes

The Epic headquarters and massive expansion is 1/4 mile from Raleigh city limits, beyond Crossroads Cinema. Team members (now & future will choose to live in DTR - 9 miles away.

Just a shame there’s no useful alternative transport between Cary Crossroads and DTR. This is the issue with Wake County, too many self-important towns competing against each other. Now that F-V is expected to grow as big as Cary I hope we can all work together on a useful Wake Transit Plan.

4 Likes

Cary has a population of over 170,000 while Fuquay Varina has around 30,000. Fuquay will never be expected to grow as big as Cary.

With Cary’s population getting so high, I wonder how there existing transportation situation will change, mature, or if it will simple stay the same? :thinking:
Didn’t they just pass a “transportation bond”?
Does anyone have any specifics about that???
Please and thank you!

1 Like