CAM Block Redevelopment

Good map, thanks for sharing! The only comments I have are that I believe the hotel is 13 stories as opposed to 14 stories. Also, the Harris Teeter at Seaboard Station is no longer planned.

1 Like

Thanks, this is incredibly helpful! If I had more time on my hands, it would be awesome to actually put all the proposalsā€™ massing into Google Earth to see the projected growth of the skyline. Should actually be fairly simple to do using simple blocks to represent stories.

I think youā€™re missing 213 S Harrington, btw. There was that crazy slick condo tower being proposed; not sure of its statusā€¦

3 Likes

Credit to Jack

8 Likes

hahah amazing! Iā€™m thinking about a 3D model imported from sketchup, so you can actually spin around in Google Earthā€¦ might have to try messing around with it one of these days.

3 Likes

That would be amazing!

1 Like

Same. He works hard at keeping existing buildings every chance he gets even going so far as to add a second story on an existing cinder block building next to Clockwork. He gave me a tour of the first Centerline space when he just got it up and running and was very very into the history and old brick.

1 Like

I have one too, but its about 10 months behind right now

1 Like

Well, looks like these images are already outdated, what with this new project.

Not that Iā€™m complaining, though. :wink:

Haha right a couple more to add in just a day. Exciting stuff!

I canā€™t read the article, do we know if this development includes expansions for HQ and CAM? I canā€™t imagine either would participate without some kind of concessions. (Iā€™m assuming the agreement involves CAM and HQ selling development rights or air rights or something?).

ā€œThe same holds true for HQ Raleigh. ā€œWe are 100 percent committed to HQ and CAM remaining at the location, as are both of them,ā€ Centerline Digital CEO Charles Long writes in an email.ā€

3 Likes

Thanks, but that doesnā€™t really answer my question. Are they just staying there in their current scope or are they getting expansions? Or do we not really know just yet?

Small detail but the block for the ā€œFairweather Condosā€ is too large. The white roof buildings to the north are not part of the development, only the more square building in the lower portion of the current box (but extends east/west to Harrington/West and south to the existing box border.

You should buy the land so that you can have a say over what stays in place and what gets torn down to build new stuff!

By the way, I literally work in one of the buildings in the red rectangles. Itā€™s a very nice place to work, and I really like it there, but thereā€™s absolutely nothing thatā€™s so special about the building that it couldnā€™t be knocked down to make room for something taller if the owners feel like thereā€™s a market for that.

3 Likes

I work in the HQ Raleigh building. Looks like this is going to cause me some major inconvenience, but this is definitely a part of town that is really activating so Iā€™m not the least bit surprised, and I think this is an opportunity for some great TOD here.

I actually thought that the building on the other side of Harrington, running along Martin St., would be the first to go, but sometimes the timing of things just comes down to wherever you happen to have owners who are ready to act, I guess.

Owners of CAM Raleigh and HQ Raleigh properties want to grow ā€“ up https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article226916414.html

1 Like

Yep - only the people who can afford the land in DT Raleigh should have a say in its built environment. Give me a break.

3 Likes

ā€œWe are 100 percent committed to HQ and CAM being in the building (and) an integral part of the culture as the development of the Warehouse district continues,ā€

And its a good thing HQ and CAM recognize that these buildings are in fact an irreplaceable part of the warehouse district.

2 Likes

WHY DIDNā€™T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?! haha, but thanks, needed a good eye roll this morning.

3 Likes

I just realized that this statement could be referring to the new building and not the existing one. Damnā€¦

1 Like