Capital Square - 320 W. South Street

Capital Square branded crane!

31 Likes

View from my neighborhood.

21 Likes

From earlier today…nerves of steel and no fear of heights to do this job. It has been cool to watch.

18 Likes

Apparently they switch to b&w at night.
#dignified

10 Likes

This is true. the capitol is the actual building while Raleigh is the capital city.

5 Likes

So this morning the long bed trucks are back to pick up the smaller crane. The weights have been set. We are ready to rock and roll. Welcome to the “Wild West end” Ms Crane.

27 Likes

Here’s another angle :building_construction:

22 Likes

This project will help extended the skyline southwards.

Once the Salisbury Square project restarts this side of downtown will look like a downtown.

Hope that Convention Center Hotel project moves forward one day.

32 Likes

It will just bad conditions right now. But the skyline needed this building it makes the area look better.

2 Likes

This crane is so prominent when driving on MLK. The building itself is going to make quite the impact on the skyline.

12 Likes

41 Likes

Can’t believe this is real lol

16 Likes

I know right?! In a world where the Nexus/Nash Sq/Edision and so many other skyscrapers in high-profile locations DTR have been shelved/delayed indefinitely, you’d think pigs would be flying before something like this happened on this side of downtown. I’m just glad it’s actually happening, cause if I had to bet the house on this one a couple of years ago…I’d be homeless right now :joy:

17 Likes

Maybe I’ll cause of spur and this be a catalyst for development.

4 Likes

That’s what we’re all hoping. But tbh, with this development, the upcoming Cabarrus & Dawson Residences a block away, and The Platform down the street, I think we may already be seeing that catalyst (at least on this side of downtown). Hopefully that catalyst jumps eastward and influences Salisbury Square + the Convention Center Hotel project to start sooner than later. Fayetteville St needs it badly.

15 Likes

Residential typically leads to office. I think we’ll be fine as long as there’s no recession. but a recession not happening is something nobody can guarantee.

Going way off topic here, but the recession’s of today are not what they used to be. And not always as bad as we think and perhaps like a fire in a forest, can be beneficial as well as costly. But, that’s just my take and personal experience. :thinking:

2 Likes

When we first started talking about Nexus and the S Fayetteville St city lots they were going to extend the downtown skyline. Now they’re just going to be infill to the skyline. I’m good either way.

11 Likes

Also the project across from the convention center fill so will the 20-story Lincoln Theatre construction.

1 Like

Good point! Puts another perspective on things, and highlights the growth that’s actually been made in DTR over these last 5 or so years.

I think we all get so caught up in what isn’t happening sometimes that we take for granted what actually has happened downtown in recent years. I know I’m guilty of this.

18 Likes