City Gateway - Mira Apartments and more (Gateway Southeast)

McDowell St elevation:

Kindley St elevation:

South elevation:

Pretty intense grade changes here.

22 Likes

Hah, that’s about the most intense construction topo map I’ve seen

2 Likes

Looks nice. I think this will be the first extension of sidewalks down McDowell?

1 Like

Surprised nobody had commented on the “automated parking facility” yet? Like I’ve heard of that in Tokyo but in Raleigh?

2 Likes

I assumed they meant automated like most of our decks, where you push the button to get a ticket and the barrier arm goes up and down to let you in and out automatically.

3 Likes

I expected a robot to park my car. #disappointed
:robot:

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m reading into the semantics too much, but the use of “loading bays” in the same sentence as “automated parking facility” actually makes me think the parking structure will be more akin to this than a normal parking garage.

13 Likes

The decks now can even just scan your license plate as you approach so you can get in and out without having to interact with the kiosk.

3 Likes

Seems really cool, but when I watch that all I can think about is all the problems that could happen. Like the system being down and no one can get their car for days, or a line of 15 people waiting 2 hours to get their car because someone’s card gets rejected or forgot their code etc. Again, seems really cool but there’s no way that’s worth the cost lol.

3 Likes

TBJ article on it here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2024/05/16/kindley-street-hotel-downtown-raleigh.html

The article mentions an “automated parking rack system” which makes me think it’s more like what @OakCityWildcat mentioned.

7 Likes

23 Likes

Is the hotel a Westin? :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m thinking about George Jetson’s car folding into a briefcase.

3 Likes

25 Likes

That’s the Mira, not the Alexan :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hopefully someone will move it to the right thread soon.

:star_struck: DTR looks like the shiny new city on the hill :cityscape:

24 Likes

26 Likes

Who wore it better. Mira or Guilford County?

10 Likes

Does anyone else find the appearance of this side of the Mira apartment building frustrating? To me, it looks incomplete. I wish they had extended the dark slate paint all the way to the top. Additionally, leaving the concrete columns unpainted next to the dark slate areas creates an unfinished look. It doesn’t seem like they’re planning to make any further improvements on this side either…

4 Likes