City of Raleigh Fountain

How about a fountain shaped like a giant Oak tree placed in the open lot formed where Edenton and Hillsborough merge? Whaddya think? Would compliment all the new development going on in that area

6 Likes

I mean, I’m pretty excited about the potential dog park bar there but that works too.

You got CityPlat’d, they already axed that project /:

5 Likes

I was wondering whatever happened to that.

1 Like

What about a collaboration with an artist to put a waterfall off the side of one of the new builds into a fountain below?

7 Likes

That doesn’t say “Raleigh” or “City of Oaks” Trying to rep the City

Here is a nice looking waterfall at a park in Houston. Something like this would be nice. Not sure where though. Perhaps at Dix Park?

6 Likes

Looks like an eyesore and a massive waste of water/public money to me!

1 Like

The Transco Tower grounds! One of my favorite buildings in the world. Slightly diminished in terms of impact by the district around it growing up, but what a statement when it was built.

2 Likes

@oakcityyimby Yes, exactly! I used to work in a building across the street from that park (the building just to the right of the tower). To put a fountain like that in Dix Park would be grand. What do you think?

4 Likes

I’d love it. Continuing to give Dix more focal points and placemaking opportunities (while leaving the huge lovely greenspaces) is a great idea. And fountains sound nice and are cool on hot days.

3 Likes

I do wish that the space there between Hillsborough and Edenton could be better utilized. Seems like the perfect shape and location for a nice tree-covered urban plaza (with a fountain!)

I say route 2-way traffic onto Edenton and make that little pocket the start of a Hillsborough St. pedestrian mall :no_entry:

Remove that ridiculous post modern temple from the foreground and I can get on board with something like that.

1 Like