Commerce Place Woonerf

But it’s supposed to be a living street, and City Market is dead.

2 Likes

How do you do, fellow kids? You may know me from various meetups… the Darby, Yacht Club, State of Beer, Berkeley Cafe and so on.

I’ve relented and created an account on this board, of course to bump this thread and to promote the event tomorrow at First Friday from 3-9pm, Commerce Place between the Pit and Parkside/CAM.

There’s going to be a food truck, cotton candy, popcorn, etc., games, a band/music, and City staff on hand. And we are of course in the Sip n Stroll district.

Please come out and participate in the community engagement activities, meet other urbanists and planners and share your ideas/make yourself heard. Come say hello - I will be the freezing bundle of clothes by the food truck generator exhaust.

15 Likes

Love this! I wish we could go!

Cool visuals out there tonight. I couldn’t see it before but once you close down Commerce the idea of making it for pedestrians only just makes sense.

19 Likes

Need those parking lots in the back developed!

I’ve thought for a long time that Commerce should be pedestrian only with some creative uses. It’s mostly useless as a street and has so much potential.

8 Likes