Current status of 301H, 400H, Edison tower

Let’s be real this is Raleigh, NC. The parking requirements is one parking spot for every 400 square feet of office. If the average parking spot is 128 square feet that means 30% of the building has to be a parking deck if it’s only office. The parking requirements are even higher with apartments and retail. So this building will be fat but because the core of the building complex will be a massive parking structure with a building as a ‘condom’. 100% it will be designed like a giant Lincoln Apartments.

2 Likes

Beautiful building. Will be a great addition to Downtown

https://www.falloncompany.com/projects/301-hillsborough-street/

8 Likes

ooOOOOOooo curves! Wondering what happened with their mock-up render of the Hilton Hotel though hahaha. I’m not upset by this design.

It’s pretty - but it’s also saying 300,000 sq ft. The number mentioned earlier (900k+) must include the parking as well.

It is saying the first phase of the project is 300ksf and that there will be subsequent phases.

4 Likes

Right. So I’m guessing that rendering is just for the first phase which is the office tower

1 Like

Butter my biscuits. That’s better than expected. I count 19 floor, maybe 20. Half of it parking.

1 Like

That rendering is a million times better than the previous two. Breaking ground fall 2019! Can’t wait to see what they have planned for the other phases.

4 Likes

In case they take it down, here’s the image.

17 Likes

That’s great news and love the appearance compared to last rendering.

I am still wondering why this central location would be capped at 20 story limit…

1 Like

The City Council spent 3 years debating over the exact height of a 3 story building in one of the most prime locations in all of Raleigh. Costing the developer more than a $100,000 in delays, legal fees, and investment opportunity. 20 story limit is because it’s the City of Raleigh City Council and they don’t have a clue what they’re doing.

7 Likes

300k of office. This project was also going to be residential and hotel

Interesting, I guess this design lost then? Makes sense where’s the parking. :joy:

`

5 Likes

:laughing: We should make this the Raleigh slogan. Put it on all the marketing material.

5 Likes

Without even looking I could recognize the architect. I am a huge fan of nearly everything Duda | Paine designs. Just hoping this turns out a little different in person than the BofA tower in North Hills.
Currently this almost mirrors its general theme and design, awesome news either way!

Pre-construction height of 247’ and 20 floors. This will only be 8 feet taller than the Holiday Inn across Hillsborough St.

1 Like

I am so excited this is finally happening! I wish it wasn’t in phases though. It’s almost 3 years till the first building is done, and then how many more for the rest of that block? Still, moving in the right direction. Hoping 400H is next to announce a schedule

1 Like

There’s a bright side to this. Every phase will likely be designed differently. Giving the project a less sterile feel and more pleasant to look at. I just wish there’s was more emphasis on facade design.

8 Likes

Ahh, I guess we’ll see. haha

Compared to Lundy’s plan, Fallon increased the office square footage by 80,000.

1 Like

This will be a very interesting design addition to Downtown. I’m not crazy over the rendering, but anything is better than a surface parking lot, so bring it on!