Dog Parks and Bars in DTR

It took me a second to get my bearings and realize this is the vacant corner lot that is currently gravel parking across from 400 Hillsborough.

This is a huge improvement!

3 Likes

I wonder how they navigate starting this while the Barnhill constriction trailers are on the site.

2 Likes

DTR’s own doggo agility course :joy:

3 Likes

I walk past this all the time and think this is a perfect fit for that little parcel. These concept pics looks great! Can’t wait to see it happen and all the folks walking their dogs around :dog2:

7 Likes

The day this opens is the day I finally adopt a dog while I live downtown. Can’t wait for this place to open.

8 Likes

An attempt to add a tiny dog park to Fred Fletcher park recently popped up. Love the idea, but the execution seemed like it had 100$ budget. Hopefully a bigger and more permanent option is coming!?

Did they just relocate the one that was across from 301 Hillsborough for most of the year. Just noticed it was gone this weekend

1 Like

:bird: tells me this project isn’t happening anymore. I’d not give that a lot of weight, but don’t be surprised if a closer source confirms this or we just never hear any more of it.
:frowning_face: :dog2:

I would like to act surprised but I’m not…because CityPlat gonna CityPlat.

Hopefully something does eventually come of that slice of land. Lot of residential developments coming that direction of Hillsborough and office traffic picking up too again.

10 Likes

City is looking to improve Fred Fletcher park. All I got to say about that! Stay tuned.

5 Likes

I am all for improving parks, but can we please get the Smoky Hollow park first? Please!!!

3 Likes

Fred Fletcher is already very nice in my opinion. Curious what improvements they want to make.

2 Likes

Dogs. More dogs. Dogs everywhere.
:dog:

6 Likes

I presume those improvements were part of the parks bond? Anyone less lazy than I able to pull up what the allocation of funds was for that bond? I believe some was going to Nash Sq as well?