Downtown hotels

Eureka! (or, By Jove, I think I’ve found it!)

Actually @largesevan has found it… Raleigh’s Motto! :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Wow that’s better journalism than all of our local news combined! Got a scoop, direct from the source, and it’s not even behind a paywall!

11 Likes

Don’t be so sure. You may get a bill in the mail from @OakCityDylan
:rofl: :moneybag: :mailbox_with_mail:

6 Likes

Additional fencing is now up at the Hilton Garden inn site. More land has been moved around and there is a bank financing sign up as well. Seems like this one is finally pushing forward.

Is there a thread for this one??? Couldn’t find one, might be time for it’s own thread now.

18 Likes

Let’s wait for some real activity. We’ve been duped before. :grimacing:

8 Likes

According to the City’s website, all of the permits for the project were issued on May 19. So, it really looks like it is going forward.

12 Likes

The bank sign has been there for quite a while but it seems people are still seeing it for the first time. :joy:

At least back to April '20?

And again 25 days ago. LOL

7 Likes

Lol totally missed all those comments and I drive by it all the time as well :joy:.

8 Likes

I know I mentioned a while back about there being a correlation between the Creamery project and this plot of land around the corner from the Creamery but I don’t think I mentioned that it’s designation by the co-owners (Creamery and this block) is that this will be used for a hotel. The comments were made before COVID and I’m not sure what, if anything has changed with that since. The original comment by me was that there would be some kind of parking arrangement with this plot and the Creamery I believe during construction.

Seems this could also impact improvements to the West/Johnson intersection @John mentioned over in the SmoHo thread.

6 Likes

Isn’t that where SEHSR will plow through?

I believe so, but is that imminent domain and that project/land goes away??

Probably won’t happen but maybe it’ll literally plow through haha as in basically tunnel through the first couple floors of the hotel.

1 Like

Like how Disney World has the monorail go right through the Contemporary Resort.

8 Likes

And two monorails at that.

1 Like

Isn’t that then just… rails?

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Hotel at McDowell/Davie - Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites

Looks like NY money just bought the Holiday Inn. Did they buy the vacant lot next to it?

“ The site is split across a pair of parcels, one holding the hotel and another made up of a surface parking lot. The hotel also sits next to the Fallon Company’s newly-built 301 Hillsborough Tower.”

Not exactly clear in the article

2 Likes

Tidal Real Estate out of NY a developer who is active in Nashville as well bought

• “1.5 acres at 108 and 112 Stronachs Alley and 521 and 529 S. Wilmington St” with rezoning in progress for 20 acres
  • Holiday Inn site

This is potentially really exciting. Here their Nashville activities:

3 Likes

They’re excited about the trajectory of the Moore Square District? Are they planning a third downtown project because their two sites in downtown are nowhere near Moore Square.

1 Like