Downtown hotels

Found this on YouTube just now. Clearly marketing this site as a possible hotel.

24 Likes

Nice find. The Raleigh Police Department is sitting on some prime property as well.

5 Likes

I wonder if any possible hotel on this property could bridge across Cabarras St to the Convention Center expansion at Red Hat.

3 Likes

When is the popo and fire moving to the new HQ???

The rezoning for the hotel planned for the roundabout by the NCSU Belltower was approved. 7 stories facing Hillsborough.

25 Likes

What brand is it supposed to be?

Was in the Life Storage facility on South street today. Enterprise rent a car is moving in that building with Life Storage . Moving out of their present downtown location. I wonder if hotel there could now be back???

13 Likes

If so, I really hope they get a better design for that site. The current one reminds me of a prison.

2 Likes

Would be smarter if the city consolidated all downtown car rental companies into one parking deck like the RUSBUS and the future consolidated car rental hub at RDU.

12 Likes

Interesting. I guess they’ll use the parking on the first floor for their cars? Doesn’t seem like much if you’re also going to have moving vehicles coming in/out. Either way, glad to hear the hotel momentum may be picking up.

2 Likes

From inside the parking area of the Life Storage building (formerly Extra Space Storage). Seems they’re outfitting the South St retail unit to have a back door and also some slab work to accommodate Enterprise based on @Boltman’s news.

9 Likes

Sigh :pensive:. If only the hotel block would be built so Raleigh can withstand another Dreamville Festival.

9 Likes

“Better” withstand. That would be a HUGE increase in hotel rooms to accommodate that amount of people. The more Dreamville guests we could accommodate downtown the night before, night of, would be great! More foot traffic and spending!

6 Likes

Enterprise has moved into their South St location in the Life Storage facility.

7 Likes

Seems relevant to link @nipper.dwight’s post here as well:

13 Likes

You love to see it 400h isn’t dead after all :raised_hands:t4:.

6 Likes

Honestly thought that one was dead in the water. That stretch of Hillsborough from NC State to the Capitol might be the most pleasant / vibrant corridor in the city feeling wise in 5-10 years

11 Likes

HUSH!!!
:shushing_face:

2 Likes

I think this block is going to be very dense in the next 5-10 years. I can imagine apartment or condo buildings filling the open lots.

9 Likes

The Firestone lot on the SW quad got rezoned too right?

I like the Restaurant on the NE Quad but that’d make a really nice spot for a real signature tower

2 Likes