Downtown Services Recommendations

Starting a new topic here about service recommendations. A while back, I asked about fridge repair, now I’m in need of a place close by to plug a tire that picked up a nail. That’s what I get for living next door to a construction site.

I’d normally go to King’s on N. West St. but they are closed until Monday for some strange reason. They must close for a vacation or something.

2 Likes

This is a link to my repair guy. Granted, I have a 2006 Honda Pilot.

1 Like

Benchmark Auto mate

Characters… but arent we all characters?

2 Likes

Not helpful since it’s not downtown, but my anecdote is related to downtown so I’m sharing it anyways.

I’ve been going to Atlantic Tire in Durham/Morrisville for many years, and I always get the road hazard warranty for new tires, so it costs nothing to repair and pro-rated to replace. I’ve never gotten such good value for anything I’ve purchased in my life. I’ve gotten so many nails or metal pieces in my tires over the years that everyone there knows me by name and knows my car. I might have a problem with driving to construction sites to check on the progress. The sacrifices I make for you people…

1 Like

Yeah, if these were replacement tires on my car, I’d totally do that as well. Unfortunately these are the tires that came on the car new and only have 18,000 (mostly highway) miles on them.

Murray’s on S. Saunders for tire stuff. They’ve patched and plugged many tires for us.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic for an ancient (new) MINI located close to downtown?

I used to take it to Autobahn on Atlantic when I worked up that way. They’re awesome but not nearly as convenient anymore.

2 Likes

I ended up getting a recommendation for Murrays and went there. Unfortunately I need a new tire. :unamused:

If only you’d stop driving everywhere and tried walking a little…
:rofl:

1 Like

5 years & 19,000 mostly long distance highway miles. The car sat so long with a flat (due to a puncture probably caused by the construction next door) that the sidewall of the tire got damaged. I didn’t notice it was flat because I was wasn’t driving the car!

2 Likes

I see by your like that you picked a side. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I LOL’d @GLP, shouldn’t be interpreted as picking a side. Perhaps I’m laughing AT him and defending you in doing so.
:rofl:

Pass that popcorn. I’m hungry.