Downtown South development

Oh, absolutely. I totally get that, and many of the results of these plans should’ve been ready to go.

…well, if it weren’t for piss-poor project managers dropping the ball + opponents getting in the way, anyways.

I’d argue that’s a different problem, though, such as GoTriangle’s inability to manage massive capital projects or how citizens and companies of the Triangle need to have a public conversation and agree on what we want to be like as a region.

The frustrations you’re bringing up are totally legit -but I think they’re just starting to get under the tip of the iceberg. I can understand the whole “let’s just hurry up and do this” mentality, but I feel like we’re going to keep seeing different flavors of this same core problem (stakeholders and leaders not being on the same page + mechanisms of change taking too long) unless we actually address that issue.

And that’s the result of decades of momentum; reversing this problem of bureaucracy and practical conservatism either requires slow, gradual, calculated change, or an explosive, violent revolution.

2 Likes