Fayetteville Street Developments and Vitality

This Trist has gone…decidedly wrong… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

More like Falsest, am I right folks???

4 Likes

Wow, this thing is like a fart in church, ugly!

3 Likes

Eh, it’s not great, but as long as we’re putting corporate logos on buildings I don’t really mind it that much. I think it’s far better than the vandalism they’ve done in Charlotte and Atlanta.

2 Likes

Wish we would pass an ordinance that only locally based companies are allowed logos on the skyline

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that’s unconstitutional

2 Likes

I don’t know that I’d go so far as to say unconstitutional, but I would say that it would be a terrible business move.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Have to have superb retail to fill it. Cameron Village sucks it dry. Maybe 20 years from
now if population density significantly increases. I just want Block 83 to sign something, anything….

3 Likes

I think the problem with last Fayetteville street mall was little attractive retail (part of what the mall was suppose to correct) and after 5pm there was no one around. The apartment development around center city in last 15 or so years would help the after 5 ghost town issue. But would need reason for other than office workers to be out about the area. BTW if anyone not know, cross streets where all open for last “Mall”.

1 Like

Add a stipulation to the Convention Center Hotel project that the mixed use part of the project should include entertainment amenities including but not limited to cinemas, indoor mini-golf, bowling alleys, food halls, shopping to get the full $30 million benefit.

1 Like

I think Fayetteville would be successful as a community-based and multi-model street (bike tracks and walking paths near the buildings) with moveable seating and greenery in the middle of the street. And East/West streets could be entry points for food trucks or emergency vehicles.

2 Likes

This street is cursed. The only time it is nice is the Xmas parade and beer fests.

Lincoln’s Vice President was born on Fayetteville Street, oh wait…

2 Likes

Fayetteville Street is not the nucleus of nightlife for downtown. Wilmington st+Moore Square, the Warehouse District, and Glenwood South are all more hopping.

In the grand scheme of things reopening the street to traffic didn’t do much by itself… it was the perception that something was being done that mattered more.

4 Likes

Really exciting addition to the skyline. :roll_eyes:
I hope the sign at least is RGB and can change colors based on X.

5 Likes

Womp Womp, exclamations…

I really hope they don’t intend to leave the upper lights turned off. Especially during the Holiday season, this looks stupid.

12 Likes

It does, however, look like a much better place for Batman to stand.

:bat:

9 Likes

The green lights were on last Friday. I’m not sure what was going on yesterday.

2 Likes