Five Points, East End Market, & Raleigh Iron Works

Small Business Saturday event over at RIW today. Nice to see some stores open here too now and the good turnout.

26 Likes

Budleigh East updates? :eyes:

The empty pit that will eventually be office buildings finally began clearing today.

18 Likes

I feel like this could be an exceptional project for the city with its location. It really extends that urban feel of midtown much further towards downtown and bridges some of the gap between iron works and the rest of midtown.

11 Likes

Is this one actually moving ahead in this environment?

Perhaps they switched plans up for more of a residential focused building (would make sense) but I’d be surprised, as none of us have seen any inkling of an update about it.

https://raleighmag.com/2023/11/giorgios-epicurean-market/

3 Likes

Apparently the interior is getting a facelift to match the outside.

25 Likes

I’m a fan of the new branding and big fan of new ownership BUT this colorway screams Carolina Panthers to me which is a bit off putting (and I’m a Panthers fan). Also making the interior so similar to the exterior is a bit redundant. Just my subjective opinion!

2 Likes

Nah this looks great, and they are the CAROLINA Panthers, after all :rofl:

As much as I appreciate how uniformly “red” Raleigh is (Hurricanes, NC State, RedHat, etc) - I also appreciate when someone puts some color up that ISN’T just another red.

6 Likes

I am not against consistent brand expression from outside to inside, but it sure does seem like the thumb is too heavy on that blue scale. I love that the exterior grabs attention, but let’s elevate the interior in a different way without just replicating the exterior. Lean more heavily into the black and bring in some shiny metals and play with the lighting to create some movie theater drama of yesteryear.

13 Likes

“let’s” hahaha - unless you are the owner/operator, there is no “let’s” - this is what it’s gonna be, man. Sorry you don’t like it, I think it’s a massive improvement over what it looks like, currently.

1 Like

But there was a special on Carolina Panthers Blue on Amazon Prime day…

1 Like

Might be on perma-discount for a few years at this rate…

1 Like

Santa thought Raleigh Iron Works was walkable, but sadly was hit by a car trying to cross Atlantic Ave shortly after this was taken. Christmas is canceled.

6 Likes

Pursuant to our discussion above regarding the need for some type of pedestrian crossing for Atlantic Avenue the marketing site map for Raleigh Iron Works does show a conceptual “future pedestrian bridge”.

Site Map

2 Likes

The Santa H. Claus Memorial Bridge. If it ever gets built…

3 Likes

I live 10 minutes walking distance from RIW and just can’t get to it, especially with stroller and kids because Whitaker Mill is not walkable between WFR and Atlantic and Atlantic is impossible to cross safely.
Ridiculous.

13 Likes

Looks like Trig Modern has their bar up and running. Honestly a smart idea. If I’m over at Dock 1053 for a beer and a meal, I like walking around stores too. Having a drink there only entices me to go there more, and spend more time.

12 Likes

We love Trig and even made the commitment to purchase something there a few years ago. We usually just walk through and drool. :drooling_face:

4 Likes