Flamewar City Debates

Just let em rip. Basically a city on city comparison so the rest of us can mute you. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Charlotte USA sux . Unless you like beige

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ Iā€™d argue Raleigh has a HELL OF A LOT more beige than Charlotte lmao. & Charlotte has 1000% better architecture than us. Someone else said ā€œCharlotte is the Applebees of citiesā€ and I just have to thinkā€¦ what does that make us then? McDonalds?? LMAO we gotta realize that Raleigh doesnā€™t exactly have a whole lot going on, either, compared to other cooler cities of our size/slightly larger. And thatā€™s ok, weā€™re getting thereā€¦ I just simply donā€™t understand how our hating on Charlotte helps with that. And letā€™s be real here, if anything it only makes Raleigh look like the jealous/insecure one :rofl:

12 Likes

Raleigh definitely doesnā€™t have a South End.
Theyā€™re different places. Glad to have both evolvingā€¦
Itā€™s a regional rivalry kinda thing. Probably always will be.
With better frequency of rail service, Iā€™d probably go more to visit friends / see shows / events.
Maybe thereā€™s better symbiosis forthcoming as the megalopolis continues to merge. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

We have colleges, tech, and cultural institutions. They have pro sports, banks, and skyscrapers. We each have a different half of what one big city would have. I like our half better.

16 Likes

Hate to inform you but, again, Charlotte has those things too LMAO

3 Likes

UNC Charlotte, the Charlotte tech scene and the Mint Musuem/Charlotte Symphony <<< Duke/UNC/State, RTP + Raleigh + Durham tech hub, NCMA/NC Symphony. Like, by a lot. Itā€™s like saying that because we have a couple small banks headquartered here, we have financial services too.

aaaand weā€™re wildly off topic

9 Likes

Also, UNC Charlotte is trying their best to become NC State #2 lol

So, some of these things arenā€™t in Raleigh. Iā€™m just saying. If you have to lump the entire Triangle together to prove how much Charlotte sucks, perhaps we really do have some insecurity :thinking: ā€¦ anyway, I like Raleigh, I like Durham, I like Charlotte, I like Asheville. Lots to love in NC. Leo gonna have a good time moving all these comments to the ā€œOther citiesā€ sub hahaha. Back on track! Perhaps Iā€™ll take the train from Union Station at the Union West complex to visit Charlotte, soon :rofl:

2 Likes

Charlotteā€™s city limits are enormous. The Triangle is about the same size and population. Just comparing it to Raleigh city limits is apples and oranges - going to see a UNC game or a show at DPAC is something you do if you live here.

4 Likes

Having the biggest (and best) university in the state near downtown is something Raleigh will always have over Charlotte.

It changes the character of downtown for the better. Itā€™s younger and funkier.

And it has to be saidā€¦ as pretty as Charlotteā€™s skyline is, I always notice how empty the streets and sidewalks are in drone videos.

9 Likes

@dtraleigh

Help us Leo, youā€™re our only hope! :rocket:

Please move our DTR vs DTC to the correct chatā€¦ Please and thank you!

10 Likes

Should probably just make a Charlotte vs the Triangle thread for the once a month this comes up :joy:

3 Likes

ā€¦orā€¦we justā€¦ stopā€¦ comparingā€¦ everything we do and haveā€¦ to Charlotte. If weā€™re so superior? :thinking::grimacing:

8 Likes

I like trains!!!
:steam_locomotive:

4 Likes

As one of the few (if not the only) Charlotte residents on this board, I concur

1 Like

funny-iliketrains

7 Likes

I already gave you guys some ideas how we become better looks like nobody read.

That right we have East End, Glenwood, and City Market, and Downtown South. Which are all important places for development entertainment, and Leisure.

Yep. But no rail at any of them. :disguised_face:

2 Likes