Former News & Observer Site - Nexus Office Tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2019/10/25/more-details-emerge-about-the-nexus-development-in.html

I guess news? I’m not a subscriber so dunno.

2 Likes

Some interesting tidbits

They hope to begin construction early next year. Not clear of just office building or all 4, office, hotel, apartments and condo at same time or phased.

Meanwhile, marketing materials for the project list a 250-room hotel, 45,000 square feet of street-level retail and around 400 residential units – including 100 condos and 300 apartments.

Floor plans also include grocery space for much of the street level retail,

5 Likes

Sounds like some outdated info. Grocery space was shown in marketing brochure for previous tower when it was mid-block on Salisbury. But more recent submittals to city show office tower shifted to Martin / Salisbury corner and now “big box retail” on ground floor.

I think that this will end up being a very nice infill project. :+1:t2:
But I have to say that I was really hoping for a signature building or structure of some kind. :pensive:

9 Likes

I’d rather have something really tall here than on FaySt a block to the east. I love tall, I do not like canyons.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think this might be my #1 parcel in the city for a new tallest. I’m glad we are getting what looks like it will be a pretty nice project, but I’m slightly disappointed it won’t be taller in that spot.

8 Likes

This is a signature project. 3 buildings close to or at 20 stories. What ultimately matters is how many jobs are located downtown and how many people live there. 2nd is maintaining the current street level atmosphere that I think sets Raleigh apart from most downtowns. My opinion only, but height is not a priority for me and is ultimately meaningless.

10 Likes

I’m coming around on that too. We can be an even more amazing city than we are now with 12-40 story buildings sprinkled but most important is to have the street level experience and mixed use right. Fayetteville fails with this in my opinion. I’m first in line to grab up the least expensive condo on that block when they’re available. WarDi, SmoHo, then NoSa (N&O on Salisbury) are going to make this town so amazing! Also excited for WarDiSoTra in the next 5 years too.

8 Likes

I’m lost in the acronyms already!

3 Likes

I’m making up my own here (mostly).
WarDi - Warehouse District
WarDiSoTra - South of the Tracks

1 Like

We really like them to rhyme.
SmoHo
NoDo
SoDo
Please keep this in mind whilst making them up!

5 Likes

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Box Retail in DTR

TBJ has report on Nexus today.

Fancy condos and one point confirmed, will be built all at same time.

“The project will be built in one phase, Perry says, with developers hoping to begin work next year and finish in mid-2022”

9 Likes

Rendering of “The Nash” the condo building facing the park. The apartment building would be the building on the far right edge. The hotel would be on the opposite face of the condo tower (facing east to the office tower).

33 Likes

I ran the City of Oaks half marathon this weekend. When I ran past this block I had visions of cranes in the air for the 2020 race. Had the same thoughts when I passed the site of the Nash Hotel (Dawson/Martin). I know it will be a few more years till it is all built, but it really gave me some motivation (for a mile or two anyway). Then I hit the neverending Clark Street hill, and all motivation was lost :frowning:

13 Likes

Damn… That’s impressive

1 Like

Apparently sales for The Nash will begin early next year. What do we think the going price for these nice condo units overlooking a green block of downtown will be?

6 Likes

Uh oh…I see another condo in @OakCityDylan 's future.

3 Likes

They said they want to have “something for everyone”

3 Likes

Duh. :roll_eyes: :+1:t3:

5 Likes