Former News & Observer Site - Nexus Office Tower

I would be perfectly fine with it getting delayed and canceled if it meant getting something taller in that block.

6 Likes

Yes we need another 30-40 story towers and with the location of this spot it’s a good one. Since 121 Fayetteville seems dead. This part of downtown the next to Fayetteville Corr is a viable tall from the horizon core so they should update it to 40 floors or more.

5 Likes

You are right, another 40 story tower would fit well on that site. :office:

3 Likes

Why do you think 121 Fayetteville is dead?

1 Like

No developments, No nothing, No groundwork. Not even a response from emailing the developer. Parking lots still there. Lots of reasons.

2 Likes

Shout out punctuation…whew!
Full stop.

4 Likes

Whatever I have dsylexia

3 Likes

I truly think some of us are jumping to conclusions about how this crisis has impacted projects. I’m sure that developers are still measuring their situations before doing any announcements. Just because it’s quiet on our end doesn’t mean we should be freaking out just yet.

Let the City process play out. And if something does get canceled, I think the City is now in a better place with its elected officials and desire to be more urban and dense.

14 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Commercial Real Estate affects post-pandemic

A post was merged into an existing topic: Commercial Real Estate affects post-pandemic

Any updates on this development?

2 Likes

I kindof hope not. Would love for that prime spot to be scraped for something taller. Could be Raleigh’s “signature” tower in that spot

3 Likes

Yeah maybe 40 story twin towers! That really have a cityscape domino. Wasn’t there a 40 story set for the Kimbrells site?

1 Like

Yup.

Y’all are going to like this—they’re going to request a rezoning from DX-20-SH to DX-40-SH, which would allow for up to 40 stories.

Anyone want to attend a neighborhood meeting? They’re having a virtual community meeting next Tuesday, 6/8, from 5-7pm. More details here.

22 Likes

Woah that’s great. From dead as a doorknob to potentially having some of the tallest development in DTR!

9 Likes

This is fantastic news. Perfect spot for a tall building, plus I thought this was going to never get built at all!

9 Likes

YES FINALLY! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WHERE OUR SIGNATURE/TALLEST SKYSCRAPER NEEDS TO GO!!! Body

6 Likes

What excellent news. This is the most important block downtown, and the ideal location for a signature tower. Anyone got some special mojo powder to sprinkle on this?

5 Likes

Unless they are looking to sale the property and we all know that up-zoning helps… :thinking:

1 Like

Still better than them sitting on it like they have been

1 Like