Fortune 500 HQ incoming

Wow…now “that” was even before “my” time…Lol

1 Like

We used to stand in the stairwell to watch the Christmas Parade. I think @RobertSanderlin just made me feel old.

3 Likes

OK I’ll not repeat story about in 1969 providing transport for some sort of International High School event at Memorial Auditorium and girl from Japan thought Fayetteville Street reminded her of Tokyo. - lol maybe make you feel not quite as old

4 Likes

Making a prediction here based on Raleigh’s past:

Martin Marietta, to be purchased by competitor Vulcan Materials. They will merge to Texas and be called simple “Vulcan” :vulcan_salute: :wink::joy:

1 Like

Based on my knowledge of MMM (actually MLM symbol), won’t happen. IMO.

Actually if you read up on Martin Marietta, about 4 years ago they attempted a takeover of Vulcan but Vulcan has some egomaniac CEO and the deal ultimately became a “hostile takeover” and ended up in the courts. MLM is in much better shape financially than Vulcan. Vulcan has a lot more debt…at least they used to.

4 Likes

Copied this from RaleighCam post in Raleigh in the News Around the Country/World.
Just backs up my contention that traffic in Raleigh is not that bad.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-to-drive-in/13964/

3 Likes

Not exactly Fortune 500 or DTR, but home grown Bandwidth.com is expanding and chose Raleigh over Denver and Rochester, NY. They purchased a plot of land at the southwest corner of Reedy Creek Rd and Edwards Mill Road for $30m. They’re adding 1,165 new jobs.

5 Likes

Glad West Raleigh is finally getting some development. That Blue Ridge/Edwards Mill corridor has so much potential. The lot northeast of Edwards Mill/Reedy Creek, directly across from this, has a large State development paid by the connect NC bond from 2016. Can’t remember exactly who will be using that building though.

GLP ‘scooped’ you on that one in the AMZ thread…

1 Like

Really fantastic news.

Steals his news and his pics. Geez.

2 Likes

Whoops! For some reason I had that thread muted and didn’t realize there active posts today in there. Day late and a dollar short, I am! LOL

I know… I’m gonna have to start watermarking my posts, too :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s a state Agricultural Services Center
https://www.ncagr.gov/AgSciencesCenter.htm

2 Likes

Denver was a real threat, but did anyone really think that they’d really consider Rochester? Heck, half of Rochester already moved to Raleigh.

1 Like

Haha my uncle from Rochester was planning on moving here a while back but he lives in Hampton, VA now.

Can confirm, born and raised in Rochester NY. :laughing:

1 Like

@dtraleigh Would it be possible for us to lock this thread unless we actually have a new Fortune 500 company coming to Raleigh? Or try to limit it to discussion of AAP? We have the business expansion thread for general announcements regarding businesses.

Maybe it is just me, but I dislike this thread popping up and then being disappointed there is not a new fortune 500 company coming to Raleigh. Anyone else? If no one else cares, feel free to disregard

3 Likes

Didn’t somebody say this exact thing about the Edison thread? HAHA