Fortune 500 HQ incoming

Different browser let me look at the article. Wow they got naming rights too!

I’m fine with this. Once they get a tall enough building, we can zipline to PNC tower downtown

4 Likes

In the WRAL article, they’re complaining about the traffic impact.
Time to dust off the mono-rail plans?

4 Likes

Man, you might need to change your name to ZippyPig! :smiley:

2 Likes

Kane has official changed the name of the project on their website!

4 Likes

He’s just getting ready in advance.

4 Likes

The traffic impact is the most concerning of anywhere in the city and gets zero attention. I can personally name a dozen residents from the CAC meetings alone that moved away from NH for these exact reasons, myself included.

1 Like

Maybe I have spent to much time driving in truly congested cities, but I do not find North Hills or even Crabtree all that bad. Then I also agree that Raleigh need to start work on ways to avoid moving into the “truly congested” category. Combination of Human powered, mass transit and road improvements and even dense development that allow the so called Live, Work, Play lifestyle that cuts down on need to go from one place to another.

9 Likes

I don’t see why you’d have a problem with an ‘Advance Auto Parts’ tower in downtown.
This would be hot next to Block83.

Compare to the ‘Bridgestone’ tower in Nashville. Yes, a tire company. Sharp!

8 Likes

And would you say that “those cities” are roughly the same size as Raleigh?
Comparing Apple to Apples?

1 Like

Actually one place is where I live which has population of around 20,000 and during early morning and late afternoon can take 20 min or more to go one mile across town. Sometimes 3-4 turns of traffic lights to get through couple of major intersections. Do not even think of going into town when there is some sort of event going on, such as football games or high tourist season weekends. There is a bypass that has been in planing stage for 40 years and so far only advancement is deciding on which route to build it on, and some projects to improve roads on east and west end of proposed bypass. But yea most cities where experienced expressways coming to standstill daily are bigger than Raleigh, (NY, (avoid GW bridge at all possible), DC (I stray on outer edges and use metro if Possible) Chicago, SF, LA and such). I’m just saying Raleigh is not all that bad, but need to get ahead of traffic problems before reaching that point in Raleigh, using multiple options.

1 Like

The way Kane works, since this is 85% pre-leased, I expect to see tower 5 start coming out of the ground soon, and a new commercial tower get proposed with in the next 6 months.

8 Likes

I recently changed positions and need to take 440 everyday. So I use that North Hills interchange everyday during the work rush. I also go by there often enough on the weekends as we live close by. I don’t see the traffic problem. I see more traffic compared to other parts of the city, but it’s not a traffic problem.

I am coming from inside the beltline, so maybe the gripe is further up? If so, the Towers have minimal affect on the traffic to the north.

5 Likes

I agree. I just came home from our office there (it’s 5PM) and it wasn’t that bad. But I don’t do it daily maybe today was a good day?

Yes the issue in the morning is coming from the north to the beltline. Traffic lightens up past North Hills when heading southbound. Likewise in the evenings, it’s northbound that is the issue, from the beltline north.

I would be proud to have AAP tower in DTR, they are not putting a massive auto parts tower store in it, this is hardcore IT, the auto and auto parts industry develops some of the most cutting edge tech in the world, can make a car park itself, come on man, awesome!

Beats the heck out of another food delivery software company that won’t change the world, just make us fatter, lol.

They could have made a great impact downtown and a nice snub to NASCAR central CHARLOTTE in Raleigh.

Congrats NH, killing it!

5 Likes

Have I missed new developments regarding the Six Forks Corridor Study?

Link

We need Martin Marietta Materials to make a major acquisition and then build a new headquarters building downtown. They can call it 'The Rock".

TBJ has an article today about their stock price and how another acquisition may be in the works…

5 Likes

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU I DO…
…AND I AM UNANIMOUS IN THIS :wink:

2 Likes

They used to be downtown on Fayetteville Street. They moved to Wycliff Road when Fayetteville Street converted to a pedestrian mall. Maybe 1974.

1 Like