Fortune 500 HQ incoming

@niko

While I am happy for CLT, does this effect DTR in some way? :wink:

fair enough :slight_smile: let’s stay on topic

My thought/hope too?

This isn’t Fortune 500 so maybe needs to go elsewhere but still a win for the Raleigh area winning an HQ from Salt Lake City.
Manufacturer picks Triangle for HQ; CEO predicts 500 jobs

4 Likes

From the article:

“Initially, it means Utah’s HZO will be relocating 50 jobs to the new Morrisville facility.”

1 Like

Here’s a video about the company’s process.

Another HQ that could bring some good jobs to DTR but not Fortune 500. Please move this to a more appropriate thread if necessary.

Downtown Raleigh gets new HQ, jobs from drone tech firm

This is actually the same space (above Milk Bar on Glenwood South) my company looked at moving to from Fayetteville but we ended up at 510 Glenwood instead. Looks like RapidScale and PrecisionHawk will be neighbors!

At the new location, the company, which has hired 100 people in the first quarter alone, will grow its headcount to “north of 350” by the end of the year, taking advantage of the fast-moving drone industry that, thanks to new FAA permissions. Right now, PrecisonHawk’s global population is about 250, and Chasen estimates PrecisionHawk being at 300 “in the next two months.”

9 Likes

Super cool! Now we’ll have more possible residents for all the new housing that’s going to be delivered in the district soon! It would be a dream to be able to walk a block or two to work.

3 Likes

Glassdoor is basically for people who are mad at their company for whatever reason. And what difference does it make if it’s a fun place to work? We’re not applying for jobs there, they’re just filling some vacant office space on Glenwood

4 Likes

The N&O is saying that DTR has lost the Advance Auto Parts head-quarters to, guess where? Hold your breath…North Hills! The OTHER Raleigh…lol :sob:

Call me a snob, but I wasn’t really looking forward to a DT skyline with Advance Auto Parts plastered on a skyscraper.
Also, it makes more sense to put an automotive HQ in a more auto-dependent part of town.

6 Likes

Snob! :wink::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

That is too bad. I definitely would have preferred for them to anchor a new building downtown.

But to give this a glass half-full spin, that probably is the second best outcome. Like it or not, North Hills is the second most urban business district in Raleigh and I would much rather see a tall building get leased there than have Advance Auto Parts stay at their current suburban location, or get a new mid-rise corporate campus somewhere else in the burbs.

8 Likes

In complete agreement with you…but at this rate, NH just might become the “most urban business district” in the entire Triangle…:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This further continues the insane pace at which new office space is getting leased in Raleigh. This momentum still means something for downtown and Raleigh as a whole.

2 Likes

Not sure what it means for DTR?
But Raleigh in general, yes, very good news!

1 Like

Reinforces Kane’s ‘if you build it they will come’ strategy. Some of these other developers are sitting on proposed buildings until they land a big fish tenant. While Kane builds non-stop in NH, Smoky Hollow and more. And he usually is able to fill most of the building by the time it’s finished.

12 Likes

Big risk big reward!

1 Like

I can’t read the article. Are they leasing space in Tower 4 that’s currently going up?

1 Like

Yes, it is now 85% preleased.

4 Likes