Fourth of July Weekend 2022

Happy Fourth of July everyone!
Does anyone remember when this holiday meant that Raleigh was a ghost town because EVERYONE was at the beach. Times have certainly changed.

7 Likes

I’m not sure the last time I’ve been in town for a 4th. I still tell people Raleigh is a ghost town this weekend. Let’s see some pictures of the living!

6 Likes

I’ll get phones synced with my laptop, but Saturday night on Glenwood was PACKED beyond belief. There were stretches where you couldn’t even walk the sidewalk for all the people.

7 Likes

Ate dinner at St. Roch last night (fabulous as always, it’s my favorite DTR restaurant) and the restaurants at Hargett/Martin were packed to the brim. Fun to see.

5 Likes

That must have been much later than I was there for dinner. Dead at dinner time.

the vampires don’t come out until 11. LOL

1 Like

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_152de
Last night crossing Glenwood @ Peace.

6 Likes

Got up early to fire up the smoker. Have a 6 lbs Boston Butt. Dry rubbed it yesterday, and the smoker after 6 this morning. Will be delicious BBQ in about 8 more hrs.

Anyone else have the smoker going? Anything else you plan to grill / cook today?

Happy 4th!

16 Likes

Now that’s just not fair!
Enjoy the results.

1 Like

I am firing up the weber this afternoon for brats and street corn, plus some chicken for later in the week.
Are you smoking on your grill? That butt looks great!

1 Like

Happy 4th everyone!!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Did you know some dogs lose their minds about random harmless things, and for some dogs, those are fireworks?! I just found out on NextDoor, after a decade of people sharing this! :wink:

If only they could ban fireworks, those dogs wouldn’t have a bad couple hours once a year. And then they need to work on banning UPS drivers and other dogs walking within 500 feet of my house. Finally my dog could have a peaceful day.

11 Likes

It’s an Akorn grill / smoker. Thing Big Green Egg but way cheaper.

2 Likes

And skateboardsssssss

1 Like

but do the fireworks cast a shadow?

you left out squirrels, cats, people walking, cars and lot’s of other thing that drive dogs crazy!!!

2 Likes

Hub’s mobility is still knocked back. If we had done fireworks downtown, it would have been atop a nearby parking garage. In/out and bypassing the traffic/bus mess. It’ll be a WRAL night, tonight.

South St has never been so busy! Great vantage point of Dix fireworks!

14 Likes

We biked to Dix and it was great to have a large field where everyone could sit down and spread out. I saw a group playing the board game Scythe, which is pretty great in my opinion.

Where would the downtown viewpoint be? Close up Fayetteville street?

Perspective doesn’t show the true size of the crowd:

10 Likes