Furthest distance to view Raleigh Skyline

From the ground, just before Dresser/St. Albans

12 Likes

The wife and I went skydiving last weekend with Triangle Skydiving out in Louisburg (highly recommend) and I can report back you can see the skyline of DTR from up there :smile:

Here’s a pic before we jumped out.

20 Likes

Finally got my drone up today over Wendell Falls and once you get above the treeline you can make Raleigh and North Hills.

35 Likes

Magnify this picture, which is located at the intersection of 540, I-40 and US 70 Wake and Johnston counties. And boom, there it is DTR just as pretty as you could expect!

16 Likes

HOLY SH!+ THAT’S A LOT OF LAND JUST FOR CARS!!!

Insert some Texas donuts in the gaps to take more advantage of the wasted space. And did they really need to take all the trees down? ugh

Sorry to be negative but damn.

10 Likes

We’ll plant some grass and wild flowers and it will all be pretty.

2 Likes

Nice catch!
And all that land!! The NCDOT does love themselves a big old interchange rather than a stacked one. I can’t think of one towering interchange like the I-85/285 in north ATL - so big its named!! (although what is not named these days?)

1 Like

See Raleigh skyline (13 miles away) and North Hills skyline. Green Hill county park on top of municipal solid waste landfill wakefield, North Raleigh.

19 Likes

Nice view, although yours is looking down and mine was looking up…Lol

@HardeesBiscuit “eyerolled” your comment because he… enjoys deforestation? I guess? Seriously never understand his positions (which I can only assume from infrequent eyeroll emoji reacts). I’m with you there though, seems like overkill lmao

2 Likes

I think that they are calling it a turbine interchange.

3 Likes

Fortunately I don’t take my life cues from emoticon reactions.
:rofl:
:grumpy_cat:

2 Likes

North Hills in your top-middle and DTR in the top-right :+1:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Picture is courtesy of Redfin :+1:t2:
And the home is off of Glenwood avenue near RDU :+1:t2:

20 Likes

Brace yourselves for some OTB pics, but both skylines are visible from Durant Nature Preserve.

38 Likes

As seen from Wegmans in Wake Forest.

14 Likes