Future Perfect: things we wish DTR has (but doesn't exist yet)

The acorn sounds like something that they might actually do

1 Like

Hey how about better trash collection management in DTR. DTR looks like a dump on trash day with all the trash bins strewn about the streets.

Are you referring to the city council?
An interesting idea…:thinking:
Having a very large acorn that kiddies could climb around in would be cool as it would bring another known for “family” idea…:sunglasses:

How about a permanent home for the acorn at City Plaza? Maybe utilize those four towers to elevate the acorn above Fayetteville St. Also, incorporate the equipment so that the acorn can be lowered during the New Year celebration.

4 Likes

I vote for a giant glass tesseract in front of Memorial Auditorium to house the acorn.

1 Like

The acorn needs a permanent home, no doubt.:thinking:
It reminds me of our dear, dear, friend Sir Walter Raleigh. He was moved around so much until they built his new home first and then said “hey” what about in from of this blank wall/building we call the Raleigh Civic Center? :grinning:

1 Like

To satisfy those of us that want a signature tower and a signature architectural feature, what about a green tower that highlights our “city in a forest” image.

6 Likes

“They” was referring to whoever is in charge of the Dix Park Master Plan.

We need an Acorn house. Maybe even an acorn tree house… Could be the Mayors Mansion?

2 Likes

Oak-y versions of those Singapore Tree Sculptures as a massive play space - include an Acorn or two!

5 Likes

A baseball stadium on The Cargill Site for minor league baseball team in The Atlantic League Of Professional Baseball ! I believe that many kids in Southeast Raleigh will never be able to go to a Bulls game or a Mudcats game that would be able to attend a game in Raleigh . The average Milwaukee fan attending a Brewers game spends $94 . Minor league games are family affordable .

4 Likes

A significant water feature in terms of a daylighted stream or man made lake.

7 Likes

Wasn’t there some kind of proposal years ago to make some kind of water feature go into downtown, or am I making stuff up.

There was both a joke canal proposed by Will Finley and I think there was a proposal for daylightibg a stream to add a water feature but I think it was one of those “hey wouldn’t it be neat if” and didn’t progress much beyond that.

2 Likes

Like the idea of a chair.ski lift from Dix Park to downtown, with the cars shaped like Acorns. Although, we might could get some private support if we shaped the cars like peanuts. The peanut board would love that!

4 Likes

Say that instead of the New Bern location that Alamo Drafthouse instead insisted on a Downtown Raleigh location? Where would they have found a large enough space already built for a theater to be built at a reasonable cost?

Seems like the only such option would be to wait for a major project to materialize and then ask said project developers to consider adding such an addition.

6 Likes

A multi-screen cinema could have gone into Smokey Hollow phase2. It could go into phase 3 of it as well. It could go into 301 Hillsborough, the Nexus complex, the CAM block redevelopment, etc.

7 Likes

I want this so bad for you.

3 Likes

Now this is an idea I can absolutely get behind!

1 Like

#CinemaForJohn #ForAGoodCause

6 Likes