General Feedback and Site Announcements

Just because I’m nosy and curious, what’s the new moderation feature?

It auto-bans anyone asking nosy questions.

:rofl:

3 Likes

Rip. It was great nerding out with y’all :v:

4 Likes

It’s a “slow” mode. If a topic is heating up in a way I think is heading in the wrong direction, I can “slow” things down by adding a wait time, ex: 15 min, before each person can post.

My thinking is some of the negative posts we get are knee jerk reactions so slowing things down may lessen the desire to quickly react.

16 Likes

Yeah gives you time to drink a beer and burn one before responding.

3 Likes

Update finished. I decided I like doing software updates in the morning so I can laze in the evening.

I’m still tinkering with the reactions at the moment but you’ll see the existing one plus a popup when you hover (long press on mobile) over the heart icon. Give em a try.

10 Likes

Should we test the new feature by starting an inflammatory thread?

3 Likes

:grimacing: :grimacing:

3 Likes

Vinegar-based vs tomato-based BBQ. GO!

1 Like

I like both, the skill of the BBQ chef has most effect on good BBQ. :cowboy_hat_face: OK I’ll go stand in corner now as my punishment :fearful:.

4 Likes

What’s your issue with mustard-based? Wana start a virtual fight?

I’m not a mustard person. Guess not a yankee and need mustard on my hotdog and def not on my Q. O and btw do not ever and I mean ever ask for chill on you dog north of VA. You get beans if not thrown out the door. But Dogs are a while other food fight.

2 Likes

Uh, vinegar for sure. I’d eat the tomato if that’s all they got.

5 Likes

The older I get, the more I realize that it’s the technique of the pitmaster / smoke - not the sauce that matters most. A little bit of sauce, goes a long way.
They can all be good - better as an accent rather than the focus.
You should be skeptical when the sauce is the thing touted most…

And, as far as mustard goes - I thought that was the other ’ Carolina…?

3 Likes

Vinegar is my go to. And I agree that if the Q is done right, you don’t really need sauce, at least not much of it. If you need sauce because it’s too dry, it wasn’t cooked right.

3 Likes

EVERYONE IS WRONG!!! ALL THE BARBECUE IS BAD!!! COME AT ME!!

:fire::fire::fire:

CC: @ExSF

2 Likes

8 Likes

What if we came after flan, cafe con leche, and key lime pie?

2 Likes

That’s fine. I never liked flan.

That’s like heresy talk! You must have been driven out of town.
Don’t tell anyone, but I don’t like Cuban sandwiches!

1 Like