General Feedback and Site Announcements

Oh man, easily a mistake on the city’s data.

For those that don’t know, the bot keys off of the CAC and in this case has it down in Central which is wrong. The base logic goes:

If CAC is either (Southwest, Central, South Central, North Central, Mordecai, Five Points, Hillsborough, Wade, or None) then send us a notification.

2 Likes

Yeah, I figured as much. I was just having fun at Wire Service Bot’s expense.

2 Likes

Long time lurker but wanted to provide some feedback. When viewing on mobile, is there an easy way to scroll to the latest part of the discussion? I feel like I have to scroll for several minutes to get to recent posts. Otherwise, love the site and glad this city has a site to discuss development.

1 Like

Welcome jpc426! (may you learn the joy of extra characters to reach 20).

Yes there is. If you jump into a topic and are at the top you should click on the post counts so for example it’s “1/292”. This should be shown on the lower right.

Click that and a vertical bar opens up. You “slide” through the timeline much quicker than manually swiping down using that bar and can quickly go to the end.

Also, with that bar open, just tap the bottom where it says the time of the most recent post and you’ll jump right to it.

So essentially, after clicking a topic or should only take two taps to get to the most recent post.

6 Likes

Random observation. I added this little plugin that shows how many characters you have left in your post to hit the 20 character limit. If you use an emoji, the number of characters in the emojis description counts toward the total. So an emoji is not one character.

4 Likes

:grin::star_struck:.

4 Likes

:statue_of_liberty:.

:fountain: .

:softball::softball:

:movie_camera::movie_camera:

Thank you! That wasn’t intuitive to me on mobile.

@dtraleigh How about a section or sticky mark of construction cams per development?

6 Likes

I’m certainly not up for maintaning that list but you can start a topic and can maintain it yourself. If it gets enough likes, we can make it sticky!

4 Likes

Similar idea; is it possible to have a link to all images shared in a discussion thread (so that I don’t have to scroll up for 10 minutes to find that awesome rendering someone posted 100+ comments ago)? This would be amazing!

1 Like

Sounds like you need to use the built-in bookmarking feature. Click the 3 dots at the bottom of anyone’s post and when the options expand, you’ll see the ability to bookmark the post. Then, you can go to your profile and reference your bookmarks. I like to think of it as favorite posts.

7 Likes

That’ll do! Thanks for the tip!

Forum bug announcement. I noticed an issue when browsing the Community on Chrome on Android, the posts are not being marked as read.

Apparently this is a bug introduced by the Discourse team with a recent update and lots of other Discourse communities are reporting it. I find this annoying and if you do too I’ll be certainly on top of this whenever they fix it.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too, but figured it was on my end…

1 Like

What’s Android??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes