General Retail/Restaurant News

did a condados tacos window in pittsburgh a few years back…really nice evening and nice short walk back to the hotel. phone app your order and soon a big bag of tacos appears. i liked the window order system. friendly staff there too. photo a few feet away.

13 Likes

At the old ice cream place by Woodys

17 Likes

Nice long lead time on that grand opening news… :+1:

1 Like

Gucci has landed on Fayetteville Street.

https://twitter.com/DowntownRaleigh/status/1628515064041947137?t=ZhNN-ZfHNHcENYne391dbw&s=19

9 Likes

Omg finally we’ve made it! It’s not quite a Gucci store, but finally I can get my comically expensive ugly clothes downtown! Can we make an appointment for our next meetup here?
:rofl:

3 Likes

Shop by appointment, no hoi pollio to disrupt your full-immersion retail experience.

Honestly clever - we don’t have the market base for one of those brands to open a shop here, but having an intermediary where you can try them on and explore new pieces makes sense.

5 Likes

I’m not sure that sign on the old Treat storefront is accurate. I took this picture in July of 2022 and was all excited about it opening! Maybe they got delayed so long they put the same sign back up? :wink:

6 Likes

There is currently no sign on that door. Have a view of it from across the street and have not seen any activity at that space since your photo date.

Record store opening soon??!! This is located at 608 S West Street.

11 Likes

Someone reported on this a while ago! the South St retail strip right?

1 Like

They’ve been located across from the Glenwood AC/Willard. Had some fun finds when I stopped by last fall.

The Johnnys collection

7 Likes

Noticed the other day that Oak City Meatball space had a grease truck out front and workers going in and out. Not sure if it’s just required maintenance? Or if they are prepping it for something new. I don’t know much about grease traps and if they have service requirements even when not in active use.

3 Likes

Part of normal maintenance. Stinks up the entire block though . That would be a nasty job.

2 Likes

First Watch is now open on the corner of Hillsborough St and S Boylan at 621 Hillsborough St., part of the Bloc[83] development.

First Watch is a national chain favorite serving breakfast, brunch and lunch with omelettes, pancakes, sandwiches, salads, and more. Daily hours from 7:00 am - 2:30 pm. source: @raleighdowntown

6 Likes

Long Island, NY-based Burger Village coming to Glenwood South. It will be their 9th location, second location outside of New York area.

510 Glenwood Ave, suite 103. Raleigh

17 Likes

:smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think we should schedule a morning meet up again, and at First Watch!
(@dtraleigh)

3 Likes

Damn, I’ma miss those tacos from Blowfish. Oh well.

Something is better than empty storefronts.

1 Like