General Retail/Restaurant News

You bring this place up so often, and I am so long overdue to revisit Miami, that you’re really making me want to make a spontaneous trip…

3 Likes

They make really good sandwiches!

It’s so good - I always make a stop there on the walk out to the beach

Sounds like you’ve been #bolted

Gave you my personal experiences and some anecdotal evidence from some of my neighbors who actually live downtown. Real investments, actual property owners who have skin in the game. For the price per square foot to live in actual downtown Raleigh, I along with some others have decided it’s not for us. It does not mean I am a less of a person because I want a better experience and wanted the status quo to improve. I found downtown Raleigh lacked enough amenities like sports and shopping and entertainment to put up with the typical downtown annoyances. Sold to a greater fool and moved on, so no regrets. Just chill out if I do not give the chamber of commerce endorsement.

4 Likes

You should have bought on the west side of DT? St. Mary st?

I think we’re all curious why you’re still here on this site. It’s not like you’re moving to 5 points or Drewry Hills to catch some acreage and parking yet still be close to DTR. You’re moving to a different county. Why the interest in bashing the city you’re about to be nowhere near?

18 Likes

Man, there is no tolerance for any opinions on this forum that don’t paint an urban utopian version of Raleigh. I lived it, and shared my perspectives. Relaaaaaaaax.

2 Likes

There are a lot of opinions here that don’t paint a utopian version of Raleigh, though it’s true that many here want a more utopian version of the city.

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flamewar City Debates

As a lurker, mainly, I would like for former city residents to be able to participate in a special Chatham County retirement village thread. Where we can still get our chuckles on topics such as golf cart traffic, pickleball scandals and visiting grandchild decibel levels.
Nothing of consequence for those of us that can handle Raleigh. But a place for some folks to stick around, be themselves and yell at clouds.

4 Likes

I haven’t lived in Raleigh for 13 years. I’m still in the metro though (and the Triangle is ONE metro) and it is still relevant to me. I visit downtown and the greenways often enough still. I haven’t lived there purely for economic reasons–I’ve never enjoyed enough security or economic mobility in my line of work to be in the “target demographic” for new developments. Otherwise I’d have no qualms about living downtown of course.

7 Likes

I was out in my yard the other day and someone in an adjacent property popped off like 6 rounds. It sounded so close that I ducked for cover. I thought I was under attack. Don’t hear me complaining…

What a wierd thing to brag about in a thread about restaurant news.

In relevant news, i think someone mentioned a new wine shop coming to Five Points a while back, beside Hayes Barton Cafe. This Saturday night i walked by and there were 3 or 4 people in there drinking wine, so I guess that’s open? I think its just called Five Points Wine

8 Likes

I looked and couldn’t find the gun violence thread :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ok children that’s enough of that

10 Likes

In DTR restaurant news, the dinner at the state history museum has reopened under the management the Outlaw’s who own Premier Cakes, Premier Cakes Diner They are serving breakfast and lunch all day.
https://www.newsobserver.com/living/food-drink/article272521178.html
I look forward to some of our intrepid dinners checking it out and letting us know how it stands up.

8 Likes

New diner (Premier Cakes Diner) just opened up @ the NC Museum of History apparently. Food sounds really good, can’t wait to try em. Happy to see this, this side of downtown always needs more dining options, especially considering all the museums (and visitors as a result) in the area. N&O had the story behind a paywall but I found the exact same piece on AOL, haha. They’re open Tues-Sat from 9am-4pm.

8 Likes

I’m… not sure that’s the article you meant to post

1 Like

LMAO you’re right, scrolled down a bit too far and the hyperlink changed on me :joy: it’s updated now

2 Likes

Props to @pBeez for beating me to the punch, I just realized that as well :sweat_smile: I’m off my game today obviously, so I’ma just call it a day and start fresh tomorrow lmao.

1 Like