General Retail/Restaurant News

Yeah, I’d just park by Rebus Works and walk over. It’s literally right there.

1 Like

All the porta potties, dumpsters, etc in the lot across the street were relocated to Platform property as of yesterday evening. Lots of parking available now.

7 Likes

Ah well then disregard. Appreciate the update!

If baffles me that folks in BH were complaining about them moving. It’s literally closer in its new location for many BH residents. I suppose to satisfy them, Bolted needs a location for each the northern and southern side of the neighborhood?

7 Likes

Change of any kind is scary for some people.

6 Likes

Yeah but with a fence around all of BH so no one else can go to either location, because all of that traffic would ruin their charming neighborhood.

People on here love to slam BH for everything, but a couple of (regular) sour grapes on the Facebook group do not speak for the entire neighborhood, many of whom don’t even bother with that garbage app anyway.

I had to go see what @GucciLittlePig was on about, and there were maybe a small handful of negative comments about the move with many more people expressing relief that Boulted wasn’t moving out of the neighborhood. Plenty of people are excited that they will be a little closer. Sheesh, y’all.

8 Likes

Yeah, and that’s who I was talking about!
:rofl:

1 Like

In the Sip ‘n Stroll world, City Council voted to:

• Expand hours to 10a-10p
  • Expand the district (see map below)
  • Add permanent signs
  • Add permanent trash/recycle bins

Downtown Raleigh Alliance article

31 Likes

That include the parks?! That would be huge news. DTR lacks 3rd places to sit down and have a beer to people watch.

10 Likes

Parks excluded (for now).

I added the DRA article to my post.

3 Likes

That’s surprising and good news

2 Likes

Feel like this is basically expanding it to where people were already Sippin n Strollin, good that it is official though.

3 Likes

Who’s day drinking at 10AM?
I guess it’s bloody mary mornings now!

The mimosas will be flowing.

4 Likes

Come to London Bridge (now “The Bridge”) on Saturdays for Premier League Matches. Pints are pouring at 7am :beers:

4 Likes

I mean, it’s nice to have goals?

1 Like

Maybe my drunkest DTR day was after the most recent Liverpool - Chelsea FA Cup final at London Bridge. Sad result for my team, but a lovely soccer experience.

3 Likes

Interesting approach to extend the boundary right up to crossing the train tracks on Hillsborough St. which is only 10 feet from Glenwood South and this bar:

I’m sure everyone will comply and won’t be an issue.

Did they add new conditions for riding an electric scooter while driving or new cupholders?

2 Likes

All I wanna know is when that damn walk-up sandwich shop at the old Snoopy’s is opening

3 Likes