General Retail/Restaurant News

Unfortunately for them 2 other plant shops opened downtown: one in City Market and one on Peace St. Similar to Cooper’s increased competition probably contributed significantly.

2 Likes

This is important to note. I’m just one point but for some reason I like Copperline more than what ZS had. :man_shrugging: As usual, context is missing from these articles so ditto to what Jake said.

2 Likes

Ditto for Copperline! The service is great - they saved a monstera I had and it’s thriving!

1 Like

I understand their concern about downtown crime, but I think the real issue the store failed is the over saturation of succulents in home decor thanks to social media and HGTV…This design trend of succulents may (finally) be over.

When even Walmart has gotten in on the action, you know the trend is over.

Succulent store, meet cupcake store.

2 Likes

At least with the cupcake store you have repeat customers possibly in the same week. How many succulents can someone continue to buy? Seems like a threshold for even the select few who shop for succulents.

5 Likes

To be fair, their Durham location is really successful. Seems like Raleigh is just over-saturated.

I kill them pretty frequently when in my possession, so, perhaps that’s the failed strategy on their part? People unlike me learned to actually keep them alive?

2 Likes

Looks like the caught the guy who broke into Vic’s in City Market

6 Likes

He must have had the pizza and assumed it was a drug front

WRAL reports, it’s safe to go downtown again!

2 Likes

Good news all around. Atlantic Lounge is the basement cocktail bar that you needed a key for.

6 Likes

But I love Atlantic Lounge. It’s my favorite bar in Raleigh. This is probably the best case scenario for it closing, but I am sad.

1 Like

Oh wow, I literally got a key this year. Interesting.

1 Like

I’m with you. I don’t see this as good news (personally) but I expect the new concept will be a hit.

Lil Hombre seems like the perfect thing for JH to focus expanding…
It’ll be interesting to see if Crawford can manage a deft touch with the reimagining.

Heard from a key holder that Crawford will still keep it a key only establishment :thinking:

1 Like

Key holders plus people dining at Jolie or Crawford and Son

It says both those things in the blurb I posted. LOL

In other news, the Bida Manda chef’s new restaurant in DT Cary overlooking the park, SAAP, is phenomenal. We had such a great meal there and can’t wait to go back.

photo credit to @GucciLittlePenguin

7 Likes

Now that I can get behind! Excited about this now!

6 Likes