General Retail/Restaurant News

Now, a Boulted second location / expansion presser would truly be a release valve…!
NHID…perhaps…? :grin:

Update. I don’t think this is privileged info so I’ll share. The Darby was sold to the owners of city market sushi and they’re going to open a noodle shop of some variety

25 Likes

Oh sweet. That’s a huge upgrade (at least for me).

1 Like

Wasn’t this space where that Kaiju Bowl was? I liked that place. Anyway, that all sounds great. I prefer CM Sushi over any other place downtown.

2 Likes

It was Kaiju nearly 6 years ago woah. It was pretty decent.

I think what we really are missing is a decent Berlin/German-Turkish kebab shop and some halal carts. Shish-kebab on Fayetteville uses pita bread and closes early.

3 Likes

Same boat as @oakcityyimby. The Davie and Woody’s are good enough for me in that area. If Oak City Meatball’s space can fill in with a good tenant, that little pocket is going to be nice. Coffee, gelato, a bar, and a couple of nice restaurants.

4 Likes

22 Likes

Where the HELL is this? I keep seeing their posts and yet they’ve never said WHERE it will be, to my knowledge hahaha

In Little City Brewing’s old space

3 Likes

Which is where exactly?

The West condo building off North st and Harrington st.

3 Likes

You know the place John. This transient named Dylan used to live there…

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has walked by here, but they’re moving at lightning pace. Every day I walk by I see more and more work having been done. Considering that The Darby was already a restaurant that sold alcohol, does that mean there wouldn’t be as much need for additional compliance requirements? If not, I could see them being open by summer at the pace that they’re moving.

Alcohol licenses are not inheritable in North Carolina. Anytime there’s a change in ownership or occupancy, a new license needs to be applied for, and that process can take months.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7SF4uiv0nM/?hl=en

tweet tweet, little birdy tells me the bodega will be moving to an authentic mexican concept from the chef at irregardless

4 Likes

The chopped cheese was good, but the other sandwiches were pretty meh, so I’m excited about this!

It’s not even a bodega lmao. I stopped in (to meet up with someone, not to buy anything thank god) recently and it was essentially completely devoid of convenience items. There were fridges with beer and wine and some NA drinks and … that was it. Walls were barren. Seemed like wasted space tbh.

1 Like

17 Likes

The plan to transition the space to 100% restaurant has been in the works for months so they simply stopped restocking and have been working through their inventory.

For my wife and I, this is a bummer bc at one point in time it was a legitimate bodega within walking distance for all your weekend needs.

5 Likes

Ok that makes more sense then. It was my first time stopping by and I was genuinely baffled hahahaha it was SO empty