General Retail/Restaurant News

The owner of the Davie/Darby is a neighbor. Last time we discussed it, he said he was exploring different ideas.

That’s been a few months, so that could have changed

2 Likes

Now, a Boulted second location / expansion presser would truly be a release valve…!
NHID…perhaps…? :grin:

Update. I don’t think this is privileged info so I’ll share. The Darby was sold to the owners of city market sushi and they’re going to open a noodle shop of some variety

23 Likes

Oh sweet. That’s a huge upgrade (at least for me).

1 Like

Wasn’t this space where that Kaiju Bowl was? I liked that place. Anyway, that all sounds great. I prefer CM Sushi over any other place downtown.

2 Likes

It was Kaiju nearly 6 years ago woah. It was pretty decent.

I think what we really are missing is a decent Berlin/German-Turkish kebab shop and some halal carts. Shish-kebab on Fayetteville uses pita bread and closes early.

3 Likes

Same boat as @oakcityyimby. The Davie and Woody’s are good enough for me in that area. If Oak City Meatball’s space can fill in with a good tenant, that little pocket is going to be nice. Coffee, gelato, a bar, and a couple of nice restaurants.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Where the HELL is this? I keep seeing their posts and yet they’ve never said WHERE it will be, to my knowledge hahaha

In Little City Brewing’s old space

3 Likes

Which is where exactly?

The West condo building off North st and Harrington st.

2 Likes

You know the place John. This transient named Dylan used to live there…