General Retail/Restaurant News

I noticed Reliable Loan invested in one of those roll-down metal net things (someone help me with what they are called) which I believe stores in the mall have. If the plywood is going to be thing these days, maybe we need to get something like this going so shops/restaurants can roll down quickly then roll back up quickly.

I’d think it helps the business feel more confident and addresses appearance during prime business hours.

4 Likes

Are they called rolling shutters?

Yes, my dad knows the owner very well.

Yup. Rolling metal shutter companies will be the next Tesla stock.

My boyfriend and I made reservations to eat at Sitti about a month ago not knowing that the restaurant still had plywood up. We won’t go back until it comes down - there are too many other places that aren’t that depressing. I’ve heard the same from others. I feel bad for them, though. We’ve opted for other places around Raleigh in North Hills, Glenwood South and Cameron Village and have eaten both inside and outside depending upon availability and the weather.

6 Likes

These are against the law in downtown Minneapolis because city leaders felt they made downtown unwelcoming when they were down. Of course this was passed in a different time. I imagine they will at least reconsider that now.
I think they are called security shutters.

1 Like

Just FYI, Sitti has one of the nicest courtyards in all of downtown. Tucked away from traffic and very peaceful.

26 Likes

I didn’t even know about that courtyard. Wow! Thanks for sharing. All that space needs is some vines growing up the concrete wall at the back.

9 Likes

Nice to see them making good use of that space.

Nice share. I overlook that space as it’s been around for awhile but it’s always good to revisit great spaces to make sure lots of people are aware of it. To be fair, that courtyard has zero breeze so in the summer, it’s a bit toasty but Fall and Spring, it’s a gem.

3 Likes

Vines and/or a great mural/art project!

2 Likes

You missed an opportunity to use this as one of the “Where in Raleigh” pics. And that thread has been idle for a few days.

5 Likes

Oh, I’ve got one to share. I have to take it off my phone, and will be posting it soon!

1 Like

I was briefly in Madrid a couple of years ago and those things were everywhere. Many of them closed up at night and had street art on them.

CVS Downtown has applied for permits to reopen .

15 Likes

Freaking killer jazz fusion/neo-soul duo at Little City brewing. Sax is about to join

4 Likes

You are about 140 feet south of me.

2 Likes

You live here right?
Update, more people here and sax is crushin. Currently: Bill Withers lovely day

2 Likes

Yep. 16 floors up above you.

1 Like

I’m glad that their masks are protecting their chins and necks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like