Happy Independence Day 2023 DTRaleigh Community!

I hope that everyone is having a fun and safe holiday celebration.
For me, I look forward to Dix Park this evening!
:us: :fireworks: :us: :fireworks: :us: :fireworks: :us:

18 Likes

I have a love relationship with the country.

2 Likes

Shuttle busses to Dix Park from the Martin Street edge of Moore Square have been running since mid afternoon.

15 Likes

This is an excellent idea :bulb:
Thank you for the post :+1:
Any idea of the toll/cost per ride today? :dollar:

3 Likes

Looks like Free:

Currently 8 busses lined up along the block. Front one pulls out every few minutes. No real line. Portopotties also provided.

For Dreamville the returns ran late into the night.

8 Likes

Just got home from Dix. The event was huge and they had a food truck rodeo of probably 3 dozen options or more. It will be interesting to hear how many that they predicted were there throughout the day.
I add some photos when my phone syncs to my laptop.

11 Likes

I ACTUALY made it downtown yesterday!!! My wife and I went to the BNL concert at Red Hat. Got to spend July 4th with our favorite Canadians. :canada:

5 Likes

Hereโ€™s a YouTube of the fireworks from last night. FWIW, the fireworks were aligned with the music tract. Itโ€™s not like they added it just for the video.

7 Likes

Hereโ€™s a shot from the foam party that they had out at Dix for the kids and the young at heart. It was cool to watch the fireworks through the spraying foam!

13 Likes

Okay, thatโ€™s really cool right there

3 Likes

I wish that I could figure out how to post personal videos here. I have several.

1 Like

Upload to YouTube and post the link?
Also LOL at the foam party for kids. I feel like those are for raves but seems cool regardless.

One toddler walked out of it completely covered in foam head to toe. He was loving life. Iโ€™m serious that you couldnโ€™t see him or his clothes at all. He was like a misshapen snowman.

1 Like