Hillsborough Street Mixed Use Projects Near NC State

Yep. New private dorms on this stretch of Hillsborough are already asking $989/month/bedroom for quads. An extra 1.1% is worth not having to clean up others’ kitchen messes; micro-units don’t have full kitchens, but let’s face it, most people don’t need full kitchens.

6 Likes

I’ve seen some so called “investment properties “ back there that are boarderline third world conditions. City of Raleigh doing its part to try to keep housing cheap by lack of enforcement.

Hah I lived in something like that in Boston 10 years ago. Happens in every college neighborhood.

1415 Hillsborough: The 5-story, 100-unit micro apartment building. Very ugly elevations, but also I think I’m getting to the point where building looks are less a big deal to me when they are smallsih infill that should basically just blend in.

8 Likes

All brick? I’m down with it

4 Likes

Well, it does look like some campus buildings that were built in the 50s/60s.

3 Likes

Indeed. Very reminiscent of tri-towers.

https://facilities.ofa.ncsu.edu/building/bow/

8 Likes

holy shit

(20 characters)

2 Likes

Probably stucco/EIFS if I had to guess.

1 Like

This building will look newer than the one proposed. Don’t disrespect this beauty lol :joy:

Who knew that “micro units” required “micro windows” ? Yuck.

2 Likes

it’s giving me prison vibes!

4 Likes

Thought the same thing

1 Like

Dorms/college housing should. They should make you want to graduate a get a job! Instead, they are often nicer than a lot of these yng folks will live for a decade or more.

1 Like

Some of the stuff students are living in these days are like all inclusive resorts.

2 Likes

Right!

I don’t think it’s there anymore but I stayed in Galloway hall at UNCW
IMG_1351-475x356

4 Likes

I lived in Bagwell at State. At the time, there was no A/C and no doors on the toilet stalls in the hall bathrooms.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize Galloway had already been torn down. It’s a bit sad but that building had so many issues it definitely needed to be replaced.

“Stayed” in? Or imprisoned in? :wink:

2 Likes

Renovation possible for 2526 Hillsborough next to Target…

28 Likes