Tempo by Hilton Hotel & Homewood Suites

No movement in about a week

The hole is deeper. lol

8 Likes

Active work site

26 Likes

Has this been shared? I don’t think I’ve seen this but…

First page shows a schedule of Feb 2020. Unfortunate timing but great to see activity on the site now. Open before 2023 maybe??

25 Likes

Oh, simple dreams…If only the EIFS panels were color matched to the bronze window trim…

3 Likes

I hope this project helps the L building attract much needed retailers.

12 Likes

Will be excited to get another rooftop in downtown.

8 Likes

The L has its own issues and they are all rental rates…

2 Likes

That’s my understanding as well. That corner unit at McDowell and Davie sat untouched the entire time I lived there. It sounds like F45 is doing well so far, though.

I realize you don’t want to always just take what you can get, but at some point any revenue is better than nothing.

5 Likes

Glad to see this moving forward, this is a good development for this area. The height should also help conceal the jail a bit when viewed from the west. One concrete monolith down, one to go! With the rumored Martin street developments, the new city hall, & whatever rises from the N&O site, Nash Square will sure look very different in the next few years. RIP Berkeley Cafe though. :frowning:

9 Likes

Unless Berkeley Café is under contract I don’t believe it’s included in the Nash Square Hotel development

5 Likes

Agreed. I don’t believe it’s part of any proposed dev.

1 Like

You’re right, there isn’t anything currently proposed for that part of Martin St. That was more of an opinion because it seems like the writing is on the wall.

They’re still moving earth so no construction equipment yet.

23 Likes

25 Likes

This was a full blown construction site this morning

13 Likes

I have some tasty nuggets coming…

7 Likes

I dropped by the site a few minutes ago and was able to talk to the construction manager and got some good info, and pics (terrestrial and aerial).

• Current supplies (concrete/rebar/etc) onsite are for shoring up the wall they’ve dug out on the north side of the lot
  • They’re having challenges with getting permission to erect a single crane that would swing north over the adjacent property. The owner of that (parking) lot isn’t granting permission. If they can’t get permission from that property owner, they’ll have to get a second crane (don’t cheer 2 cranes!).
  • Over the next 3 months:
    • Utility work to connect water/sewer will happen on both Davie and McDowell for redundant systems
    • Crane(s) will be erected, timeline depends on aforementioned permissions from north lot owner
  • Approx the first year will be going vertical with second being finishings, approx 2 year project total

pics coming…

17 Likes

Did you ask about a rooftop Chick-fil-A?

5 Likes