ITB New Home Builds

From the CBS17 link, it looks like the proposal is for detached houses surrounding a common green - not townhouses, but a Cottage Court. I’d also previously noticed that the T Ruth for Raleigh Platform page starts out with “ADUs By Right / Short-Term Rentals / Cottage Courts” as the first topic. (No, there is no actual stance provided yet.)

Listing that as the #1 issue facing Raleigh is weird, because I’m not aware of a flood of ADUs, and almost no Cottage Courts have been built - so I’m not sure where else anyone would have raised Cottage Courts as an issue. Incidentally, the site planner here also designed the first cottage court in Raleigh, near Glenwood South, as well as the only other one I know to have been built, at Powell and Driftwood. FWIW, the original Cottage Court text change was suggested by Russ Stephenson and approved by the Council of No, though it’s been amended since to increase density.

How many of these people have been walking on the sunny side of the street this week? Parking in full sun?

2 Likes