Longview Condos / 6 Stories

It’s also TV news which basically just scratches the surface and moves on. :running_man: :poop:

North Central, right? If so, we may see you there. There’s some energy alright, depending on the agenda of course.

1 Like

Yup north central. And I just looked it up online, the chairperson is Octavia Rainey. We need all the good energy we can get there. Hope to see you.

1 Like

It is ‘one person’…the same one person that complains about everything, calls everyone a racist if they don’t agree with her and otherwise just shows up to b### at any public forum. She literally complained years ago about Google Fiber coming into SE Raleigh.

3 Likes

Ah, it’s this coming Tuesday. I get back from ATL at 6:15p so if I make it, I’ll be coming in hot! :fire:

1 Like

We have got to work together to increase participation in the CAC process. #dtrcac.

4 Likes

Haha bringing that hotlanta :fire:. I like it.

1 Like

Robert, are you going tonight?

I can’t make it tonight. :pensive:

What are the details of the meeting? When & where? This is the East raleigh CAC, correct?

North Central.
Here’s the agenda doc:
https://t.co/mrkJ40Rzfb?amp=1

Nothing super exciting. Will probably be a rather quick meeting.

They posted video of them breaking ground on Nov 1st

5 Likes

This project was killed. Pre-sales of units didn’t meet expectations.

“The sales to primary homebuyers simply didn’t materialize,” Sandman says. The project was halted this month.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2020/03/26/developer-nixes-plans-for-170-condos-in-raleigh.html

“The location is outstanding,” Sandman says. “We’re next to WakeMed. East Raleigh is an attractive location both to live and to work, and we believe we’ll find another suitable use for the location.”

3 Likes

Which Sandman? Michael?

It was going to be an ugly ass building anyway.

Would have been the most affordable new homes built ITB built in a few years. Dang!

2 Likes

Too far down New Bern. Saw a lot of pre sales but could have had a lot of cancellations at those price points. How far along construction are these?

1 Like

It’s probably too soon for this project. Once BRT is in there and some more development occurs eastward along New Bern from Downtown, this will be a much more viable project and the prices will reflect it, too.

5 Likes

I posted this on Twitter but I wonder which, both?, sides contributed here. Are affordable housing needs overblown? Or was this product just not what people wanted?

To elaborate, if the calls for affordable housing are overblown that means that when a project like this is proposed and no one buys, then you could interpret this to mean that there actually isn’t as much a need for it. Or, the project delivered too many units compared to the actual need.

On the flip side, I wonder if the product was just not worth it to those that wanted at that price point. I’ve met a few (so take it with a grain of salt) that want a decently sized SFH house under $200k. They still have their “internal pricepoints” in the 1980s I think. Personally, I think they are out of touch and need to shop in the rural parts of the county if they want that price.

Anyway, interesting indeed. My money is that they go generic luxury apartment on this site.

8 Likes

I just think these were glorified apartments in the design. It’s hard to justify living in a box and paying rent, then purchasing a similarly designed box. Hard to get excited about that. If someone can keep the price down and offer a more inspiring product, maybe the project could have better success. Easier said than done I’m sure.

5 Likes