- Meetup Events -

Every second thursday. Will post it up on the Meetup page soon.

2 Likes

Given the new mask mandate in Raleigh, can I recommend Johnson Street Yacht Club since they have all that outdoor space?

1 Like

It’ll be Element, Peace+Saint (both have outdoor areas) and Heights House based on my loose rules. Room for 1 more so Johnson St Yacht club can be the 4th.

Heights House just announced they’re holding off on opening their bar for the time being, because of covid…

2 Likes

I’m just seeing that RALToday posted our Meet Up event in their Thursday morning newsletter.

If you’re reading this RALToday staff, thank you!

Subscribe here.

5 Likes

Let’s get the September Meet-Up location poll kicked off! I’ll let this one run until end of next Monday 8/23. The September Meet-Up will be the 2nd Thursday as always which lands on Sept 9. Taking the last 4 options, we selected Killjoy so that’s out, and Halcyon was 4th in votes so that’s out. Heights House was going to be added but they’re pushing their opening. So, I’m adding Johnson St. Yacht Club per @John’s request and Young Hearts Distilling because @GucciLittlePig took some pretty pictures.

Vote for the one you want and the one you want to keep. Max 2 votes. Comment under this for any location you’d like to see for the October meet-up.

September Meet-Up (9/9)
  • Element Gastropub (Fayetteville St)
  • Peace+Saint (St. Mary’s St.)
  • Johnson Street Yacht Club
  • Young Hearts Distilling

0 voters

1 Like

They said we’re discussing downtown related stuff. Fake news. We mostly talked about nothing of any importance at all…

2 Likes

I’ll actually be in town!

2 Likes

Which of these have outdoor areas before I vote haha?

1 Like

Johnson St. Yacht has a lot of outdoor space: two floors of it in fact.

1 Like

Clearly some bias there with @John! LOL

All 4 have some sort of outdoor space to accommodate.
I haven’t been to the remodeled Young Hearts rooftop space but it existed under it’s previous concepts.
Peace+Saint has an outdoor patio though the didn’t yet have furniture out there the other night.
Element has outdoor chairs.

1 Like

But to be fair, Johnson St. Yacht clearly has the most outdoor space. Plus, they have a tube slide outside to connect their upstairs and downstairs spaces.

Is it a two-way slide, or will there be stairs involved?
:sleeping:

it depends on the deal that you have with the devil that makes you defy gravity.

Last chance to vote if you plan to go!

Johnson Street Yacht Club it is!
Thursday September 9th at 5:30p (or whenever you can make it)
Meet Up link for RSVPs (not required)

3 Likes

I’ll wear my sailor outfit. Also my birthday is that Sunday so I assume my drinks are free? :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll talk to @GucciLittlePenguin but I’m sure she can work something out.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m already buying his birthday dinner and a train ticket to Charlotte the weekend after, jeez. I guess @GucciLittlePig and I will have to rock, paper, scissors for this one. :joy:

2 Likes

So if it’s still raining does the Yacht Club slide become a water slide? Do we have DTR bathing suits?

Asking for a friend…

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

3 Likes