NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

Is this actually happening?? I haven’t been by there in awhile. Can anyone confirm if site work has indeed started? It would be amazing to get this built.

2 Likes

I passed near by there earlier today. I didn’t get a great look, but I didn’t see any signs of anything happening.

Nothing this morning

2 Likes

Because of Covid, all site work is happening virtually.

15 Likes

N&O probably just reporting from old timelines. I doubt we see any movement here this year.

1 Like

It’s that quality investigative journalism that makes me open their articles in Incognito Mode in my browser…

8 Likes

New Administrative Site Review popped up on the Wire . . .

Clearly they are going to build this site out in phases, and this is the first.

7 Likes

@Christopher you beat me to it. I couldn’t figure out how to link the DevBot post to this thread. Really wish we could get an update on the 2 20 story buildings on the other side of the tracks.

3 Likes

So, no more Exploris school / office building?

1 Like

Lame. Raleigh’s most iconic views will be blocked by a cheap 6 story wood frame apartment.

3 Likes

Yes, but in theory, there will be 2 20-story buildings just across the tracks and then 2-40 story buildings along Fayetteville Street a block behind those. Who knows what will happen to the south of the old NCAE block. This apt building will just add to the tiered density across the 3ish blocks.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have too much of an effect

12 Likes

I guess it depends on the second block north of this apartment complex.

2 Likes

Has anyone on here tried there hand of mocking up what this view could look like if everything proposed gets constructed?

2 Likes

Hopefully that too will still be to the right of things. If the 40 story convention center hotel ever pans out that really may shake things up though.

Awesome, looks totally different and unique from all the other stick-built 6-story apartment buildings in Raleigh!!! #AprilFools

4 Likes

To be fair, that’s every apartment complex in every city right now. It is what it is in this case. Anything different and it’d be unaffordable to build and not meet the markets housing needs I guess.

1 Like

I heard it was going to be all concrete and steel with triple :crazy_face: soundproofed walls and floors.

5 Likes

It’s not ideal but I take any progress on any vacant lot downtown as a positive. It will increase downtown proper population which will drive further activities, need for retail etc etc and still hopeful for the future phases on that lot

6 Likes

Oh, I know. It’s a plague haha

1 Like